Tapping and pressing doesn't work in some situations

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: C.H.Rissole

What kind of device are you using?: iPad13,1

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was trying to use my art pad (draft) but I can’t tap buttons that are above the bottom of the edit, mute, restart and share buttons. I also cannot draw a line starting above the bottom of the edit, mute, restart and share buttons.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Add a button at the top of a screen.
    2.Tap it.
    ….

I expected this to happen:
Works

But instead this happened:
It doesn’t

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

10 Likes

I’m getting this too!

5 Likes

That’s a problematic bug.
Is this bug consistent? Meaning, when you tap near said buttons, does the bug occur every time, or only sometimes?

4 Likes

It occurs every time!

3 Likes

Thanks for the information, it is useful.
The reason I asked is that you included “in some situations”, which I understand now is because this only happens above the bottom of said buttons.

2 Likes

I think that it would be awesome if they made it so there is an arrow pointing down and if you press that it give you those options at the top

2 Likes

I’m getting this also.

1 Like

I can confirm that this also happens.

To be more specific though, it’s anywhere between the two button rows at the top.

That would also explain why swipe actions among other things didn’t work when objects were at the top of the screen.

2 Likes

@Leaders Would one of you mind recategorizing this as the more specific ‘Bugs with Player’

One additional point of clarification - Screen touches can not be initiated in the region, as previously described, at the top of the screen. However Last Touch X/Y do work in that region, but only when the touch was started outside the region.

Seems this might be related to an iOS change with respect to the Notification Center drag down feature. Just speculation…

5 Likes

Changed category for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve run into this, but it’d def be very annoying!

2 Likes

The following project was made to more clearly demonstrate the problem

2 Likes

i did it

But it only works when you rotate your device

2 Likes

That’s a very clear and interactive demonstration of the bugs. Great project!

2 Likes

I “un-spoilered” it as that’s actually a very good catch that could help the developers troubleshoot the problem!

Your find correlates the problem specifically to the top region of the device screen (where the iOS Notification Center pull down is), and not to the top region of the HS Stage.

————

Just for reference, I also sent a Problem Report by email where I provided a link to this topic, so hopefully THT will see it.

1 Like

Actually, it’s anywhere between the Hopscotch UI buttons – here’s a project that might help to visualize the issue.

You can press the red square because it’s NOT between the UI buttons:

You cannot press the red square because it IS between the UI buttons:

(@Yuanyuan)

3 Likes