Tags in hopscotch

Hello! I think tht should add tags to hopscotch.

What are tags?

Tags are pretty much a category/ label of something. That could mean labeling your project. So if your project is scary, you could label it “scary”

After you do that, then if someone searches “scary” that would pop up.

This would make it easier to find what you are looking to play.

I would photoshop an image, but I’m busy.

If you have any questions please tell me

• Good idea
  • No
  • I’m confused

0 voters

10 Likes

First also great topic! This is sure gonna be useful for everyone.

2 Likes

the search bar is broken, so you can not add this feature until the search bar is fixed

plus, the search bar goes by title. just put scary in your title and it will show up

2 Likes

they used to have these, but they removed them because I believe they were being misused (e.g. art was put into the games category)

5 Likes

I didn’t see another topic like this btw

2 Likes

Yeah I think I remember that

2 Likes

Yes but what if I don’t want that in my title

2 Likes

I edited my message, I just did not type it right

2 Likes

I might be able to photoshop something

1 Like

Spectacular job explaining!

2 Likes

I like this idea! They did have something like this a long time ago, and your project would be sorted into a tab along the top based on its category, but it was being misused (like nobody said).

I think that what you are suggesting is a little different maybe. Are you thinking that these would be invisible tags that a user enters when they share their game and then when someone searches for a tag, it would show up?

6 Likes

Yeah, you are right!

Also I remember that, but I didn’t use hopscotch much then

2 Likes

This would be a great idea. Maybe when you search something there would be a tags section like there is a users section and projects section.

1 Like

I like this idea, as long if the tags would be moderated, or there would be a predefined selection of tags to chose from.

5 Likes

But what if someone tags things that are not related. Like I tagged basketball on my project but it’s actually a Platformer.

4 Likes

That would be a possible problem, but right now, you can technically trick the search function by naming your project something different to what it is.

6 Likes

good idea, but what if people make offensive tags?
o no

2 Likes

Maybe you have to check the tags? Idrk

1 Like

Approve the tags by tht

2 Likes

Yeah or this

4 Likes