Sustained notes+more notes

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: more advanced note selection for sounds, as well as being able to sustain notes

I’d use it for this type of project: anything music related, just ask gwetv

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: any mashups or music. One of my projects that could be improved: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10bdglbmpq

Here is an example design I’ve made: just something I sketched. Top of the image is before you tap more, bottom is after.

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this: scratch has something just like it.

@GweTV this is what I was working on :))

16 Likes

very d’indeed goodeth idea – instruments

4 Likes

GREAT IDEA!

4 Likes

Wot?

3 Likes

Whoops
Hey @Leaders
Just bringing up a concern that I would rather not have everyone see, is it odd to you that old users are getting back on, as well as cute dolphin getting hacked or was impersonating someone all this time? I think something big is about to happen. Any thoughts?

That’s quite possible, thanks for sharing MC. We’ll look into it – FP

3 Likes

Great idea with such an innovative design!
Never realized about middle C! Great catch!

4 Likes

@SilverStar
Sorry about this but I need to reach out rn…
I’m going through a lot of stuff rn, and I’ve been beating myself up emotionally and I feel like I don’t deserve anything or anyone at all, and it’s hard… Idk how to handle this, and it’s hard having a voice in your head saying you are worth nothing
Aww this post was from my bday haha :). Hey, hugs. I’m sorry to hear you have that voice in your head, it’s so painful right? Dude if you didn’t deserve anything or anyone, then I think others would be able to recognize that, and we wouldn’t be here as we are for you rn. When did you start having this little voice? Also really, don’t be ok?
I’ve always had the voice, it’s helped me through school but apparently now it doesn’t like me. I’ve cried myself to sleep every day this past week and idk what to do
:c. Dude you deserve so much better, maybe the voice is like your mind saying “fight back at me!” I’ll do my best to help, just think I may have a breakdown tonight so welp. What are the things that make you happiest; how about her?
I don’t know. I might have said something wrong because she won’t talk to me, like the failure I am
Also, I’m sorry you have to go through what you are, you don’t deserve it
Okay. Well, how long has it been? And dude, you aren’t a failure at all. Seriously. You’ve never failed in brightening up my day haha, so that automatically makes you a winner in my eyes. Thanks. Dw about me tho lol
I do worry about you, your happiness is much more important than mine
thats really not the case, the other way around is. How tell me, what’s been going on recently. Also hug?
I would love an irl one, but I’ll take all I can take
Hug
Well, I have no idea what is going on with my friend, I keep blaming myself for everything, and my brain is reminding me of all my failures and shortcomings… it’s really hurting me but idk how to help myself…
You happiness is much more important than mine, at least equal to mine
You deserve so much better than this, really. Well, what are the things you’re grateful for? And what makes you happy? I can give you things that you’ve achieved lol, cause Ik plenty. Fine you win, lol
I always win at these things
I don’t know, I’m just sitting here yelling at myself for all of my failures
Ik you do. See, you won this! Well, the trick is to try and find the positive part of the situation, and with the power of your mind you can help try to flip the situation for you. Is there anything making you feel this way in particular?
I’m pretty sure it’s my ability to throw myself into crazy amounts of guilt and I messed up and made a friend uncomfortable, and now I’m here
Well you’re pretty popular here if I may say so haha. I really look up to you dude, and I’m sure if they’re a true friend you’ll find a way to sort it out, let me know if I can help at all, please.
Here is something you can do
Let me talk to you about what you are going through, helping others makes me happier:)) I’m here for you silv

Am i popular? I don’t think so…
Well to me you are haha. It’s just memories mainly rn tbh.
Same, is there anything I can do?
nah, don’t worry about it, but thank you so much. Anything I can do for you?
I do worry about it which is why I’m asking. Not much you can do, I just need to find a way to distract my mind tonight
Reading always helps me, or just coming on here to talk about random stuff does as well. There isn’t anything you can do, but thank you.
Are you absolutely sure? I’m sad cause I don’t have a good book to read, I finished the series I got for my birthday almost 2 weeks ago
I am, nothing’ll change what happened. Hmm, what kinda books do you like?
Just about everything I can get my hands on, I love reading lol

Something else was in my dream… There was an odd part where there was a machine that fixed people’s brains, but for whatever reason I did not want to go near it. like at all
Also now no one will respond to the texts I’ve sent
Oh wow okay. Well, idk if the dream means anything, but I think they’ll reply soon. Same happens to me too :slight_smile:
It’s been 3 days tho… And I’ve got literally nothing back.

2 Likes

Yes, ask me

3 Likes
folder so it's smaller

@FearlessPhoenix
Last night was hard, I’m pretty sure I had a emotional breakdown

Awww why? What happened?

Something set me off into overthinking and self depreciation and I saw everything bad about myself and it was horrid…

:(( more than half of that stuff is probably wrong and inaccurate dude. For all the bad you saw, try to think of at least one good to counter it. If you can’t, think of how someone else would counter it.
That’s an excersize that can help sometimes, give it a try.

I can’t think of anything go tho rn…

tell me then and I’ll disprove.
But seriously, try to list at least 5 good things about yourself.
I’ll do my best to help but if it’s this bad, you really may wanna think about getting a professional… I’m not one to recommend it cuz I’m personally not a fan but it gets results for most and it’s definitely better than anything I or another leader can do. Like i said in my long post, there’s only so much we can do, even with all of our experiences.
I’m obviously gonna help and keep talking to you because you’re my friend, but if it doesn’t get better, you may wanna consider it, just saying

My parents won’t support that… but I feel like I’m worthless and don’t deserve anything, I feel alone with how I feel, I feel like no-one will help me irl

You aren’t worthless and you deserve a lot dude. You’re not the only one that feels like that, that’s how I feel most of the time, and I know others that feel the same. If that helps.
Poeple will help irl if you ask and talk to them. They can’t help if they don’t know there’s a problem or what’s going on

I just hope school will help, but it’s hard for my mess of a mind to accept that people accept me
We accept you, MC, and we care

I feel like I don’t deserve it tho

You do deserve it. You’re a human that’s done nothing wrong. You haven’t done anything to not deserve it. We’re all human and at the end of the day, we’re all mad each of the same thing. Inside, we’re all essentially the same. And we all deserve our basic rights; those include love and acceptance.
Even if you’ve done something seriously bad, you still deserve those basic rights. We as humans owe it to eachother to respect those rights, and in turn, respect those rights and give them all they entail. That means accepting you and caring.
Remember my quote? “What’s done is done. What you’re gonna do next is all that matter”? It’s about second chances, and I give everyone one, no matter what you’ve done. I’ll still make an effort, because I strongly believe that everyone should get one, just like that everyone should get those basic things.
So in my eyes, you deserve this from everyone, just for your basic existence. Now, knowing you, you’re really awesome dude. You’re kind, caring, sweet, smart and a billion other things. Above all, you’re a genuinely good person. For that, you deserve more than just acceptance and basic care.
So accept it

I’ll try… It’s hard to do when I’ve gone through what I have, not just the past few weeks, but my entire life… I’ve been bullied most of my life, beaten down, and I’ve tried to hide my pain, but it’s hard now… I’m feeling everything I should have earlier in life…

i get it. More than you think I do. If you wanna tell me specifics ,i can offer advice I guess.
BuIIies do what they do because they feel bad about themselves, and project their feelings about themselves out to their vîctims. So just know that whatev they said or did wasn’t meant for you, it was for them and a projection of how they feel about themselves.
Get back up. Stand up for yourself. Don’t let them beàt you down. Fîght back.
Find an outlet. Hiding pain never ends well. Trust me, I’d know. bitter laugh. But hey, at least you’re feeling. Find a way to channel out the pain in a healthy way.
Too many feelings can be overwhelming, and that’s why outlets are necessary and work so well

The thing is, it was 4 years ago… and I can’t seem to find a way to outlet… I’m such a mess

you aren’t a mess.
What are some things you like doing? What are things that make you happy?

I like using my sword, coding, drawing, but I lack motivation to do these things, and if I do things on my own I put myself down even more… I try to talk to people but I fail
if it makes you happy, it shouldn’t be motivation enough… you seriously probably should get a professional…
How do you find yourself putting yourself down even more? Why do you fail at talking to people? How do the convos normally go? Why do you think this is?

I just cant keep a conversation going… Some people don’t reply, some cut me out of their lives… I’ve really got to find a way to calm myself down…

thats a start I guess. If you answer the other questions, I can give you specific advice

I’m just alone and my mind reminds me of things and says I’m worthless…
I don’t know…

thought we’d already established that you’re not alone or worthless
I don’t care how hard it may be to get it, but find a way to get professional help. Seriously. I really think you may need it MC. I’m sorry and i h.a.t.e to say it, but I really think that may be best.
You’re kinda shutting me out and if I don’t know what’s going on, I can’t help. No matter how much I want to or try , I can’t. And there’s stuff you cant tell me because we don’t know eachother irl. That’s stuff you can tell people on helpIines or irl. So they’ll know what’s wrong and can actually fix it.
There are people you can call/text 24/7 and websites you can go to. Try to sneak on one of them during school or something.
The best I can do is offer advice from personal experience, and i really don’t think that’s helping. I’m sorry but there’s really only so much I can do.
I’m still gonna be here for you and be a friend, but if you’re not getting better and this keeps going on, please get actual help or something.

I’m sorry… Idk what’s going on either… and the thing is, I don’t open up to just anyone… I really have to know them to open up to them
people will understand. Go to one of those texting helpline thingis and explain that you need to talk but need to really get to know them first. They’ll take the time to go through that process and then they can help
Don’t be sorry, I know how hard it is. And I honestly get you and what you’re feeling. You probably don’t believe that, but I do. And trust me on this. It’s hard, but it’ll be worth it. You’re strong enough to do this and you’ll pull though.
But you need to make an effort and take those first steps.

I’ll try… I just don’t feel comfortable tho… I’ll try. I do believe you fear, and you have helped a lot, it means a lot to me. Imma take a quick break after you reply, try to calm myself down a bit

youve gotta leave your comfort zone eventually, and this is as good a reason as any. Better, actually, because the longer this goes on, the worse and harder it gets. Like taking off a bandaid, yank it off immediately, even if it hurts. Short term páin is better than long term.
I’m glad I could help, even tho you probably h8 me now lol. It’s not easy to hear someone, especially a friend, tell you something like that (that you need help)
Go cool down, and I’m here if you need anything else or even just wanna talk :))

Nah I don’t hate you, I have no reason to. I’ll talk to you later, imma get off for a bit

thanks ig.
Cya later, and I hope you feel better

2 Likes

No problem!
Oh okay, my bad oops.

2 Likes

Nope you are good, what you said was correct lol

@mindcool24. These might help:
ffdp: inside out
ffdp ft Rob Halford: lift me up
ffdp: wash it all away
Ik it’s just one band but these songs sometimes help when I’m down and I know music helps you too so just passing it on ig

Thanks, I’ll look those up, I really appreciate this:)

Np. I gave you links to the vids lol, no need to look them up
I don’t have access to the vids, restrictions.
Added to my playlist, thanks:)

Oh oof right sorry.

1 Like

We could also use something like this:

5 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix
Hi
Last nights I started blaming myself again, didn’t go well, I’m just kinda here rn, idk what to feel

Aww. That’s not fun I’m sorry. How have you been doing today?
Sorry for not replying yesterday, I was busy
Yesterday was eh, I was forced to go to a ballroom thing for my brother and got hit with memories of why I quit ballroom and saw some of the people that made me want to quit. It wasn’t the best…
that socks man, I’m sorry. How did you feel after? Sometimes, as much as it hurts, the best way to deal with that and those kinds of things are to find an outlet for them and face them. Whether it be by putting yourself in those situations so you have to deal with it or talking to someone 100% openly about it (this is what I’d recommend doing with the professional you’re getting help with). In both scenarios, you have to reach down inside yourself and mentalIy send yourself back to those situations. It hurts and there are a lot of things there you should rather shove down. But bottling it up inside or shoving it away won’t help. It’s like a fear, you have to just sock it up at one point at face it. Trust me, I’d know. I didn’t earn the name Fearless from nothing lol, and you know I have plenty of experience when it comes to rough feelings.
It’s gonna hurt and absolutely sock but it’ll help. It will .

It was a mess of me remembering when I was trying to fit in with that crowd, but slowly realizing I could never do it… Its hard for me to go to things like that because it’s just a bunch of things I could never be… I was really tense and just kind of existing at that point. It’s less fear and more bad memories that I guess shaped who I am, but I don’t like them…
Also had a small emotional breakdown last night…

I get it. It’s hard for me too, because no matter where I go, I never really fit in, and I never really belong. Everyone has something in common that I never have had, don’t have and never will have. Even at home, school, and honestly anywhere else. Even here, a lot of times, I question how much I belong, because sometimes, it just doesn’t feel right and existence is all it is.
It helps if you just start to own it. Yeah, you don’t fit with that crowd and you never will, because that’s just not you. That’s not who you are. You know that. But you think it’s a bad thing.
Over the years, I’ve learnt that things just are, they just exist. The only reason they all have a label is because we gave it to them. And we can take that label away just as easily. Once you realize that, you can strip them away from your life and your experiences.
Yes, the memories and experiences shaped you. That’s what shapes us all.
But they’re not bad. They’re only bad because you have them labeled as such. They aren’t inherently bad, your brain is the one that decided they were. So change that. Accept who you are and whatever happened. Look at your bad memories in a different light. In a light that shows them as something different; a learning experience, a mistake to not repeat, etc. Give them those new labels, or just strip all of them away completely, and just let your memories be memories.
You can only do that once you fully embrace who you are, flaws, mistakes and all. (Again, this is where I recommend talking to that professional, they’ll help you embrace yourself and then we can make progress with becoming ok eith everything else)
:(( sorry bout the emotional breakdown. You better now? What caused it? This? .

I’m still shaking a bit, but mostly this mixed with my head reminding me about the past again…
Most of the memories are good, other than a select few that kind of tipped me off into quitting. I try to focus on the good ones but it just reminds me of the bad ones
yeah I think that’s the problem… you’re trying to stay away from the bad. Dont do that, face it and then start to try to embrace it. It’s really really hard, I knows, but it’s worth it and it’ll help.
Can I offer you a hug? That helps sometimes too.

I’m always open to a hug.
I’ll try to embrace it, hopefully it will work
Update on my friend, she is doing much better now

hugs
Lmk how it goes then.
That’s awesome! Did she accept any more food or anything?

Nah, the weekend has helped her a lot. Funny, the weekend does the opposite for me.
Thanks for the hug, I kinda wish I got more irl

I get that lol. Funny how life works that way.
hugs again i know that can’t make up for lack of hugs irl but i hope it helps

It helps to know at least you care about me, it feels nice that someone actually knows what I’ve gone through and can help

course I care dude. I don’t know about my ability to actually help but I do my best and I hope that can be enough.
It’s more than enough man, you have helped a lot! It means a lot, I mean it
thank you. I’m glad. Really
Good lol, I’m glad you are here for me, just know I’m here for you as well
thanks. I’m glad i can be here for you

3 Likes

:true:

2 Likes

Now did you catch my reference? Lol

@mindcool24 hey. how ya doing? Any updates? Just wanted to check in once.

Updates:
Almost everything is going ok, I got closure from the girl, and apparently her friend has a crush on me so we are together now:) I see this relationship working out better, she helped me get out of the pit I was stuck in, and both of us agree that we make each other happy:)

thats awesome. I’m so so happy for you dude. Glad she (and silv) helped you get out

Yah, thanks for helping me too:) you are amazing:)

We could probably use this post a bit more
I’m just kinda put out today, and now that I think about it, it was probably the girl not responding to something I said at lunch… I mean it shouldn’t hit me this hard but it’s still kinda here

its takes time to get over that stuff. You have your gf now, but that doesn’t mean everything you felt just “poofs” away. It takes a lot of time, and sometimes you never really fully get over it. Closure is good but not necessarily 100% effective. Recovery only works if you let it. Try to let go a bit more. Focus on your gf and the other good people in your life.
I’ll try, thanks for the advice:)

Argh I know something’s wrong but I don’t know what it is and she isn’t responding… I hope this is just me overthinking…

who? Your gf or the other girl?
Try using a mutual friend or a handwritten note to talk to them?

Everything is ok, I was just overthinking sorry for false alarm a bit. My mind is overthinking way to much rn

totally fine.
Do you want me to help with anything? I know you’re talking to Silv already and I don’t wanna like intrude…

Hey no, you are fine:) have both of you helps a lot:) I’m doing a lot better now, just got off of work (first time wohoo)

Thanks ig, I doubt I’ve helped that much tho.
Glad you’re bette dude!! I heard something good happened today to cheer you up?

You have helped a lot, don’t seem yourself short man, you are amazing
Well, my gf came up to me and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek… Left me speechless for a while lol

debatable but thanks. Glad I helped.
Awwww that’s so sweet lol, I’m glad it cheered you up

Dude are you really arguing with the person you helped push away depression from? Dude, you are amazing, you have helped me so much, you can’t deny it dude

ok ok I digress. Thanks?
You are welcome, I owe quite a lot to you, you are such a good friend:)
I appreciate that. You are too
Today was starting out good, I helped someone move out, then my parents decide that we are going somewhere, out of the blue, and where like “Yah you can stay home but you can’t do anything” and they just left me with that, either I have to go or I get to sit at home doing nothing at all… My brother had more say in what’s happening, and it’s just kind of annoying and frustrating that they think that they can push me around, but I can’t fight back at all bc I’ll get lectured for an hour and still have to go… sorry that was a rant…

ugh that’s so annoying. I get the feeling.
Maybe you could do your homework or something at home? Play a game? They wouldn’t know y’know. Normally I’d never suggest that ever, but if it’s that bad an event an you really don’t wanna go then…

They would know… They are helicopter parents and they are overly restrictive so they know almost everything I do… Ugh I really don’t like this at all… I’m probably going to end up going anyways… Im just not feeling 100% today, I’m kinda down for no reason today…

ugh thats terrible I’m so sorry
When you get back, tag me and I’ll cheer you up. I have to go now, I’m sorry, but I promise we’ll talk when we’re both back.

Ok sounds good:) thanks, I’ll need it

Still down, it was a 2 hour wait then 1 hour doing it, then got home and sat through a lecture of “you need to be nice to your brother” after talking to him in an odd tone of voice
ugh that socks. I get it tho. Same happens to me all the time, and i always get in trouble for everything he does. It’s really annoying but i guess it can’t be helped…
Don’t be down. You’re amazing. You’re loved. You’re valued. You’re cared for. You’re appreciated. You’re worth it.
You have so many amazing qualities, and anyone that doesnt see or appreciate that is just an ìdiot and doesn’t deserve you.
Sometimes people can be blind, like maybe your parents, but that doesn’t mean what’s they don’t see isnt there.

Thanks:) that put a smile on my face:) I wish it was easier for me to ask for help irl… Honestly you are one of the only people that knows what’s actually going on with me, I appreciate everything

im glad.
I know. If I’m being honest, same here. Not that I’m good at asking online haha
Don’t mention it dude. I’m glad I could help. But I reallly doubt I’ve done that much, or been anywhere remotely near that helpful.

Dude, it’s been so helpful, you are almost the only source of help I have

What happened to your prof help? And you have so many other people dude. Silv, Sage, gwe, ref, I can go on for a long time.
You give me too much credit.

I still haven’t said much to them…
Dude. You sell yourself short, you can’t dictate how much you have helped me and how amazing you are

wdym? The prof help person?
Or you overestimate me? But you know you have them all too, and a whole forum full of other people that care. It’s not just me. And I’m not takin the cred for how much they help too.

Yah
Fear… When will you learn lol. You need to take the credit I give you, you deserve it. You have helped so much

No I donttt. I pretty much just ruìn everything I touch.
and I still doubt it but fine. Glad I could, I guess.

I’m still here fear, you haven’t ruined me
touche
I will win fear, I promise you this:)
oh no you won’t.
You cannot change my opinion, so I have already won:)
thats subjective, kid.
But whatever helps you sleep at night.

You need to sleep
No I don’t.
Yes you do

Last night I kinda had an emotional breakdown, I looked at my life and saw all the mistakes and all of my failures, saw everything that happened to me that made me the broken mess that I am, and all I wanted was for no-one to ever go through that other than me because it was horrible… I also ranted to myself about how I can’t do anything without being paranoid of my parents and how I hope I won’t be that parent… It hurt my soul a lot last night…

im so sorry. I can relate. I know what it’s like too see that, and I don’t want anyone to go through anything like that either. That includes you. No one, absolutely no one, not even you, deserves to go through that.
You know what it feels like to have parents like that, and you h8 it. That’s enough for you to be compassionate and empathetic enough to sympathize with your kids. You won’t turn into your parents, I promise.

I hope not… I feel like a burden… I’m sorry if I am… I feel so bad for no reason, I feel useless and just a burden on people… I don’t know… Im sorry I’m weird like this and can’t explain things,ugh. I feel like I don’t deserve anything other than to be yelled at or beat up…

listen here and you better listen well because I won’t repeat this. I’ll knock sense into you ONCE and that better be the last time.

YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN. YOU ARE NOT WEIRD. YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE BEAT UP OR YELLED AT.

YOU ARE KIND, CARING, STRONG, WONDERFUL, SUPPORTIVE, A GREAT FRIEND, WORTH IT, AMAZING, SMART, AND I COULD GO ON FOR DAYS. YOU BETTER START BELIEVING THAT, YOUNG MAN.

we good?
Seriously dude, you’re a lot of things but none that bad. You don’t deserve the bad stuff you get or think you deserve. I know people that are much much worse and get less than that. You’re one of the good people, and you’re my friend and someone I genuinely care about. You deserve that and so much more. You may not get it irl, but you get it here and always will.
Anyone that says otherwise can go to Hades’ realm on a one way ticket for eternity .

Just about made me cry again… Thanks… I’ll try to believe this, it’ll be a bit tho. I’ll probably end up reading it every day in the morning until I get it… It’s so hard for me to accept this but I’ll try

i tried. Glad you’re doing the same.
I know how hard it is, take your time. As long as you get there eventually, that’s what matters.
And if you ever need to be yelled at again (sometimes a harsh sIap in the face is the best wake up call), or just need a friend or advice or whatever, I’m here.

Thank you so much for being here for me… It helps a lot. You are amazing fear…

dont mention it.
Thanks but no. You are (let’s continue in rct before I see up all my edits lol)

Not much has changed, I’m just overthinking again and down today

2 Likes

nope. not lol

2 Likes

Hords and hords of demons, all with the goal of making my life miserable. I tried my best to fend them off but it was no use. They eventually overran me and I had all of my memories I’ve been repressing ripped back up to the surface. They also cause horrible things to show up in my mind. I swear I’m insane sometimes
no, you’re not insane. i’m more than you lol. i’m sorry mindcool… do you think there is any cause or event that caused this kinda nightmares to happen sometimes?
It’s probably because my mom yelled at me almost all day yesterday. Never listened to me. Even when I said something genuinely helpful. Got yelled at.
and it hurts when that happens. i’m sorry, it’s not fair. if you can maybe try scribbling out your thoughts? like literally lol.
Well I have a not that I have written that’s really long which is me ranting to my mom in it, and I just drew the demon.

did you write it there? do you want me to go in or…
Hs profile, there is a project with a long rant that I can’t put here
may I? I know it’s intended for Silv but
Go for it

3 Likes

oh. ok.

2 Likes

Sorry for the overly obscure reference lol

1 Like

it’s fine.

if you ever need a block model, just tag me because I have a super easy template

1 Like