Support For Artists On Hopscotch

Not necessarily, what I mean is that they’re not coding or changing anything. It’s the same bare-bones code, even though they use it endlessly in an app intended to set the coding standards for new users who want to have fun in making games.

2 Likes

Oh okay I see.

2 Likes

I mean, as long as you update your art pad from time to time to add features or ui and you make coded games as well, I’m all for it :+1:

3 Likes

I’m said that some people would get bored, not most people. I don’t really play other’s games, because I’m not really inspired by it. It’s kinda fun to coding in my opinion, but it’s fun to others.

It’s difficult to coding more updates for the art pad you have in my case, but may be easy for you. It’s takes time like making a games in my opinion. I’m saying that other may think it is easier and some may be hard.

2 Likes

Another thing that I find is an issue with artists in hopscotch is that there are users with the subscription and they use it solely to add custom images of their art (so zero code), which entirely defeats the purpose of hopscotch and is not okay.

4 Likes

I understand this, not everyone is on the same level of coding, but that doesn’t mean you should take your time to improve it. Plus, people should at least make games from time to time, so as to help them improve.

:smirk:

You don’t have to be inspired, you just gotta have fun.

4 Likes

I actually agree with that. If I had a subscription, then I would use it to code a project for random art I do or code something. (maybe that would make me code more)

4 Likes

Yeah I know some specific users that do this…

4 Likes

I support artist because I myself is an artist on hs.
The one thing I don’t like is when people use art pads to chat. It hasn’t happened to me yet and I have talked with people on art pads before but I just delete the post after.

5 Likes

now i just feel bad about using the app the wrong way ish :neutral_face:
i will now totally definitely use hopscotch for coding and that art without chatting thingy definitely

4 Likes

i feel like there is a lack of actual coders on hopscotch and there’s a majority of art and spam. i don’t despise or h8 the art community, i just feel like it’s not really near the original point of hopscotch.

6 Likes

—For all—
I’m not a good coder at all.

4 Likes

Most actual coders are either too lazy, don’t finish their games or don’t have any inspiration/motivation

6 Likes

Hey, practice makes perfect! :D
Don’t ever give up, keep trying and I guarantee you’ll get better!
And don’t be afraid to ask for help or tips if you need it, that’s what we’re here for :)

5 Likes

Well, I’d argue some hs devs have a lack of motivation because of a lack of support
Projects nowadays get little attention unless they’re curated, but the newest tab is so clogged up that it’s with good reason
(Like me :’()

6 Likes

i disagree because, in all fairness if a game doesn’t get curated there’s most likely a good reason for it. and that’s really how the entire structure of the app works tbh, anybody can be curated so it’s not really a disadvantage if you don’t.

6 Likes

art is cool, imo, and part of the reason the hs community is still alive

the chatting and stuff isnt really the main purpose of hs, but hey, i get it, i’ve been there, it’s fun to make friends and interact

but really art and coding are super intertwined and a lot of great artists on hs are great coders and vice versa, so if you got rid of the art aspect of hs you’d also get rid of a flourishing community and a big prt of coding

basically my point is that coding is art and improving yourself in one field can help in the other, so hopscotch without art would be extremely different and change not necessarily for the better

7 Likes

To be very honest it feels like HS has been lacking a lot of things, like organization

5 Likes

yeah
like those # art # music etc. things

everyone misuses them it’s so sad :sob:

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair, but the problem is the infrequency of project curations. There are often large gaps between curations, therefore leading to the possibility of having to wait months for curations. Plus, with the clogged up newest tab and not everyone having a forum account, curators will most likely not take notice of the projects.

6 Likes