Support For Artists On Hopscotch

um so i just want to see how much of you support (not really support, i can’t find a word for it) artists on hopscotch, like @/we2fd, @/i will never have a name or @/geage
or the idea that hopsctchers only use hopscotch for drawing

• i support artists on hopsotch
  • i really dont care
  • i dont support artists on hopscotch
0 voters

also maybe please include a reason for why you chose this if you want thank you

11 Likes

I wouldn’t say i don’t support artists, but really it depends on the context. Pixel art, trail art and shape art, I will always strongly support. Then there’s drawings on coded art pads. If it is actually a drawing, then I encourage that and see that as a way Hopscotch is growing. But there’s also art pads used for chatting and that is just clogging up the newest tab.

I would :heart: the op but I ran out today lol.

11 Likes

if they’re doing what they enjoy then i support it :)
the only time i won’t support artists is if they’re being rude, disruptive, etc.

that’s basically all i have to say :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

I think art in HS is wonderful! Just think how bland a game would be without beautiful designs, backgrounds, or even the character designs themselves.
If people are coding and doing art, then I think that’s great, awesome in fact, because they’re improving their game making skills in more ways than one!

If people are just doing art, then I think that’s ok, if they coded their own art pad then that is great, but if they’re just remixing others’ art pads, then I don’t not-support them, but it’d be nice if they coded something because while all this creative diversity is awesome, coding is HS’s original purpose.

That’s just my view on things, none of it is meant to be rude or hurtful in any way, I fully understand everyone else’s perspective too :)

10 Likes

I like seeing people coding art pads yk, but it’s mainly used for drawing and chatting with others. I mean if I go to the newest tab right now, the chances of someone having a convosation or some sort of drama going on is pretty high.

oops! Didn’t mean to reply to you dogicing :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I support artists 100%, especially since I am part of the HSAC. I think some of the most impressive artists are the pixel, trail and shape art creators.
The artists that are rude, or draw crude stuff/things for a more mature audience, I don’t really support.
I don’t like artists that chat either.
Everyone else is on my nice list :grinning:
I personally would make code related art content but I’m only good at shape art if you even want to call that good.

5 Likes

Art in hopscotch depends. If you’re talking about pixel art, shape art, then yes, that’s awesome. But if you’re talking about the art pads, I mean I’m all for the people who consistently update their art pad to make it, you know, smoother and easier to use. But for the people who just spam projects to chat in hs, I feel like they kind of forget what the point of hopscotch is (plus they could come to the hsf to chat instead).

6 Likes

I support the artists on Hopscotch. Not because I’m on the HSAC. It’s because if Hopscotch was just coding, not anything else like how to code better. Then, most people would get bored. The people saying that the people who just do art are the reason why I don’t like them that much. It’s hard to do coding sometimes (especially for me who is on the web explorer) for them. It’s also difficult for the ones who are saying that “the HSAC is adding the drama to Hopscotch which is annoying” or something like that. It’s also very difficult to code an entire art pad that people who like. I try to coding too, but sometimes I lose inspiration or it’s hard to coding. If you check the hopscotchers who draw often, they also try to code to or have a coding account. It’s hard to code for different people. I have a special bond with lots of people in HSAC.

5 Likes

What is hsac?

6 Likes

It’s means the Hopscotch Art Community. (I used to have no clue of what it means)

4 Likes

Who’s in it?

6 Likes

Pretty much anybody that draws on Hopscotch.

5 Likes

Looks like I’m in it

I have drawn 3 lines on hs

I just admitted myself to the community

6 Likes

I will say that the purpose of Hopscotch was originally coding, although it also encourages a lot of different kinds of creativity.

4 Likes

:saluting_face: welcome to the club buddy

5 Likes

I’d argue that hopscotch was made for coding and coding only. There’s more creative freedom in hopscotch’s original purpose than you’d think. I’d also like to add that a lot of people in the hsac (if you look at it right) only ever remix the same project over and over for attention, and it kind of steals the motivation from new and developing coders, as their projects get little to no attention.

That is not entirely true. A lot of people find coding to be fun and exciting, especially when you achieve something that you didn’t previously know how to do. Plus, you can have fun playing your games and other people’s, which would motivate you to code even more, leading to hopscotch setting the base for those people’s coding journeys.

4 Likes

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by that?…

2 Likes

What I mean is that every project has a new thumbnail, but behind the scenes it’s the very same art pad and has no code changed
I mean, it’s cool that some people can draw awesome stuff, but at one point that’s all they are, a person who whipped up an art pad and just drew and spammed projects to chat with others.

3 Likes

Wait so they make it look like they updated it?
Or the stuff I do, where I draw and the thumbnail just changes with the drawing?

2 Likes

You edited it didn’t you
Is it bad I kinda do that?…

2 Likes