Suggestions for image related purchases

It would be nice to have a way to identify what projects are custom art projects from a glance. For example, an image icon on a project thumbnail within drafts.

Having image projects seed cost pay on publish of project or refunded on draft deletion would also be nice, i’ve lost 100-200 seeds from accidentally deleting image projects without realizing it.

I would also love if there was an option to pay a one-time price for unlimited image projects with no seed cost, like how the old subscription worked.

@Teminems_MMs
@Yuanyuan

What are y’all’s thoughts on this? Here’s a poll too for things you’d like to see.

• Image project identifiers
  • Refund seeds/Pay on publish
  • One time purchase for infinite image projects

0 voters

17 Likes

The reason you always have to pay to add custom art in projects is because you get 4 more seeds per day than the legacy subscription, plus 200 seeds monthly.

I have the legacy annual subscription, and I’m kind of glad I was able to.

9 Likes

I am aware of this. I wouldn’t be making this post if I wasn’t. I honestly don’t care about seeds, I’d rather just have custom images instead.

9 Likes

Or maybe a “image subscription” bought with seeds for non subscribers?

7 Likes

That’d be great! It would be an excellent alternative
as long as it isn’t an absurd price of course

7 Likes

Yeah just reasonable.

6 Likes

Say 300 seeds / year

5 Likes

300 seeds is only like 15 dollars, no? i would imagine that hopscotch would price it more similarly to what it costs previously

5 Likes

it’d be about 22 dollars, 50 seeds is about 3, so I would think it’d be about 36 dollars or 440 seeds because that means to get good value you’d have to make about 1 project a month (though maybe it should be more because a lot of people publish more often)

5 Likes

While 50 seeds is 3 dollars, 200 seeds is 10 dollars. So at it’s cheapest form, 300 seeds would be 15 dollars

6 Likes

Awesome suggestions, as always :))

The refunding/pay on publish feature especially caught my eye. I can imagine how it feels to lose 200 some seeds to a project that never got published. I think paying on publish would be easier to implement, but I could be wrong.

5 Likes

honestly i think it would be nice in general for offline projects being able to use advanced mode blocks without paying, but if you wanted to publish you had to subscribe

5 Likes

that would be excellent for users who wanted to try out the features without buying a subscription.

2 Likes

Clarification: This would be nice, however only if a one time purchase was infeasible, just to clear up what I’m advocating for.

That’s a pretty reasonable price I’d think, as you’d only be getting the images with none of the other benefits.

Another thing that’s related to these same suggestions: I discovered today that if you own an Image project on one device, you have to pay a second time on another device to add images. any images that are still there save, but it still socks if you have to work from multiple devices.

@Yuanyuan, what are your thoughts on a one time/subscription purchase for images? More details in the topic post

1 Like