Suggestion: More Themes

dark more and light mode are both super cool, but having more themes would be awesome. These screenshots ^^ are took from discourse forum, and ngl i love these two themes

i can and i believe many other people can help creating more themes if tht/leads/mods are busy with other stuff

18 Likes

Just an hsb or rgb scroll for the background and the complimenting theme color would be great
(also I love how you have all your stuff in French)

12 Likes

it’s because i speak way more french than english :)) and my ipad is also in french

14 Likes

Ohh I didn’t know that.

5 Likes

i didnt even know there was dark mode

my eyes are saved

5 Likes

Haha yes mine too! NEEDS TO BE ON HS

3 Likes

it’s about the forum, not Hopscotch :))

2 Likes

Do you mean just random volunteers? Cuz I’d be up for it!

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry lol

2 Likes

Bump because this is an awesome suggestion and it needs to added!

2 Likes

Agree. I love the idea of a neon rainbow theme. Maybe with flashing colors. Would be relaxing on my eyes.

3 Likes

Not sure if they can lol

3 Likes

it would be cool on hs too

4 Likes

They do look very sleek!

I’m just a bit unsure if those themes would fit in with Hopscotch’s design. However, we could do something a bit similar with the outline around the topic container, and have a background/footer image.

I just quickly installed discourse-buttons and set it to have rounded button corners, to match the style in the app a bit better. Let me know how that looks.

5 Likes

I really prefer this over the blocky design, it looks quite nice!

6 Likes

I just noticed that. It looks amazing imo, much more clean than before.

Edit: I just saw your post :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Glad to hear — I actually recently submitted a change on the discourse-buttons theme (to fix some edge cases where the button corners weren’t covered)

5 Likes

I found another edge case:

Button corners are not correctly covered for the like this post button on posts that are not your own while hovering over them. For the ones with the gray heart, it looks fine. It’s just the pink heart that isn’t looking quite right…

Oh, wait. Do the changes take a while to update after submission?

6 Likes

That was bugging me too — I fixed it now :smiley:

I have to request to make the changes on the theme, and then it has to be approved, for the theme to be updated for everyone who installs it.

I can make changes here on our forum though.

3 Likes