Suggestion: Grouping Objects

It would be great in hopscotch if we could select a bunch of objects, and then group them all together as one. I think this would greatly decrease the amount of time it takes to make certain projects and would just be a great addition!

Btw, if this was already a topic, please tell me so I can tag the leaders to close this.

@Petrichor got first like :open_mouth:

15 Likes

How would this make things easier?

8 Likes

It would remove the pain of having to drag tons and tons of things over to a new place if one thing has multiple objects that make it up

8 Likes

Yes! This would be amazing! Creating characters composed of multiple parts with needing to do the set position of whatever object

3 Likes

sounds like this

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/drag-down-collapsibles/53606/42

1 Like

Sounds like a cool idea!

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. How are they similar?

3 Likes

I have seen this feature before in Roblox Studio. There, it is known as creating a “union”, or if non-unionable, creating a “model”.

There’s also something like it in the Scratch paint editor.

Also, I think we need to ability to ungroup objects.

3 Likes

This is what I got the idea from lol

4 Likes

I agree so much e.g: art pads, shape art

2 Likes

Good idea.

That’s for blocks lol

1 Like

It’s model and only model

Union is used to alter shapes on Roblox Studio

1 Like

Good idea!

2 Likes

I think I can tell from your pfp lol.

1 Like

No, I think they would behave as one shape. I don’t know though, you would have to ask LittleNoobyBoi.

2 Likes

you negate a part, union another part with the negate part, and it would alter the shape of the part

union can also be used as grouping though, just like you said, but it behaves as one shape
i usually use it to make tools and such

2 Likes

I know I’m reviving this topic but I need this!
It would be so handy to create scrollable menus.
Example:
When ____ is pressed.
When Group:Menu1 is pressed.
This would make this code activate when any of the objects in the group is pressed.

2 Likes