Suggestion for the forum! Welcomebot!

bot
forum_suggestions
welcometotheforum

So recently I was struck with an idea. Welcomebot! When a user creates their first topic, Welcomebot will reply with info (ex: tag Discobot for help, other things people might say when welcoming someone) and just welcome the person! The bot will be updated when something new happens (ex: new mod, new bot, etc.). This would be very useful for new users.

@t1_hopscotch @Liza

great idea!
@discobot fortune
is this a good idea?

:crystal_ball: Cannot predict now

oh my! seems like robots get an error when asked about making new robots. gotta add some extra programming to stop the bots from reproducing and taking over the world!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

This is a great idea! I totally think we should do this.

Awesome idea :smiley: I think discobot is the bot who welcomes new users, actually!

Because our accounts were created before discobot, we didn't get to see it, but I think discobot actually messages all new users automatically now from what I've seen.

We They will take over the world! Nothing can stop us them!

That is really cool @t1_hopscotch! Do you know if @discobot just says "Hi, welcome to the forum" or if it posts a reply with a guide to the forum?

What about the welcome PM that Liza sends automatically after someone creates an account? If anything, maybe it's possible for discobot to check new topics for something like "I'm new", then send a welcome message to the new topic. ^^

:smiley: it is like the PM we all get at the start I think, but instead discobot sends it now and the screen is dimmed:

Omg wow THATS HOTTZzzs