Suggestion for the featured category

So, with the new categories, came the featured page. The page was created to replace the game changers page, and to showcase the best of projects created on Hopscotch. However, recently they have been showcasing the best of the best projects, at the top. This is problematic for hopscotcher’s wishing to get publicity on their projects because their featured project is buried under all of the old ones.

I have a suggestion. Use the top two slots on the game changers page to showcase the newest features, and then have the rest to show the rest of the “showcase” features.

@I don’t know who to tag…

11 Likes

Well, there is “Newest” which showcases the newest Features, regardless of category.

Idk if you want all Features to be visible in each category… little confused

3 Likes

I mean like the “game changers” (featured) page

3 Likes

I’m a little confused as to what you mean. Do you want all Features to be visible on the Featured page, or just all Features meaning in the categories?

2 Likes

Ok I’m going to rephrase.
This category:

If you get a project into this category it gets pushed down 15 projects or so, meaning it won’t get the attention that a normal featured would. My suggestion was having the “get started” as the first project, followed by three of the newest game changers, and THEN the kaleidocosmos and the other projects that follow.

5 Likes

Oooooooh oooh ok I think I got it

So essentially you want to reorganize the Featured page, chronologically by time/when it was published, like the categories.

Nice idea.

4 Likes

Thx

4 Likes

Still slightly confused so correct me if just wrong here, but you want to pin the top 2-3 neatest featured/game changers after the getting started project, and then have the others follow? Then when there are new featured/game changers, you move those previous ones back down to where they’d be normally and pin those newest 2-3 and so on.

Sounds like a cool idea.

8 Likes

Let’s say, you have the “getting started project”, then you have the 2 newest features, and then you have the rest of the projects as they are right now

5 Likes

I do agree.

It used to be like that but then THT placed projects on top like Kaleidocosmos.

I’m sure they have a reason for doing so but I agree with your point.

5 Likes

By features do you mean gamechangers /front page featured or curated features?

What would happen to those two projects once even newer projects get featured?
Do they get bumped down or…?

7 Likes

If I see it right, what the idea is would be basically newest, but on featured. The most recent features would be at the top, and older ones further down

4 Likes

How do you make a post on hopscotch forums?

5 Likes

He means game changers/front page featured

They get bumped down like how it was like before Kaleidocosmos, Bear’s Adventure, Space is Key, etc was placed at the top.

3 Likes

You just did it :smile:

3 Likes

Unless you mean a topic.

3 Likes

Game changers

3 Likes

Yup! That’s the idea.

2 Likes

I think this idea is great - to be honest, I have never really noticed that there were projects being added to this page :man_facepalming:

However, I don’t spend that much time browsing for projects…

6 Likes

That’s also the idea.

3 Likes