Suggestion: Display Time, Battery, and Other Data

I mean, you can exit out of the app and check the time. It would be cool, but it’s not a dire need.

11 Likes

I have been thinking about that as well. A tip is to swipe down from the top of your screen to reveal the notification center. It also displays the time, battery percentage and more. You can swipe up to dismiss the menu and go back to Hopscotch.

I think that the having status bar might interrupt some of the features in the app - but yes, I found myself wanting to check the time or the battery of my device when coding. So if there is a good way THT can add it without the bar interrupting the experience, I definitely think they should.

9 Likes

I agree with Gwe and Will. Not really urgent as you can do it without too much work but having it would certainly be nice

6 Likes

Also we’re in the same time zone CV

5 Likes

I agree with that, maybe they could put it in place of the “editing project” screen thingy, cause to me, that doesn’t seem like the best use of space

6 Likes

Well, I think it’s a good idea because there might be some people who don’t want to exit out or go to the notifications center, or even look at something physical or plug up.

2 Likes

? Then they wouldn’t want to look at anything? Last I checked, everything is physical except for concepts, though I may be seeing this statement wrong

4 Likes

Clock or watch? Those work as well, especially if you don’t want to exit the app like you said

3 Likes

Yep, that is correct. I think it is possible for Hopscotch to implement a custom battery/notification bar/menu. What if you could shake your device to view this status? That would be cool.

9 Likes

Oh yes
That could even be a coded project

4 Likes

I’d code it but I’m too stinkin’ lazy to get off my lazy behind and do it

4 Likes

I don’t think it would be possible to code it using the Hopscotch editor, as there are no blocks to calculate battery life yet

6 Likes

Easy way:

1. Make a text object that says “calculating battery life, this may take a while”
  2. The calculation finishes when the device reaches 0%.

Lol but that would be cool to have.

9 Likes

Trail art not the real thing

3 Likes

Ohh, ok. From the topic I thought you meant like an actual working battery lol

2 Likes

Apps can choose whether to have this or not (default = show status bar I think)

Since Hopscotch is a game / “development” software, it is full screen. Most apps are this way, and I think it should stay this way, where you can quickly check time through the control center. It gives the app a cleaner look.

6 Likes

bump

2 Likes

Thanks AG

I wonder why this topic went inactive =(8^/)

2 Likes

I was referring to an actual working battery.

2 Likes

I was talking to AstrosUwU;)

1 Like