Suggestion: Display Time, Battery, and Other Data

I’d code it but I’m too stinkin’ lazy to get off my lazy behind and do it

4 Likes

I don’t think it would be possible to code it using the Hopscotch editor, as there are no blocks to calculate battery life yet

6 Likes

Easy way:

1. Make a text object that says “calculating battery life, this may take a while”
  2. The calculation finishes when the device reaches 0%.

Lol but that would be cool to have.

9 Likes

Trail art not the real thing

3 Likes

Ohh, ok. From the topic I thought you meant like an actual working battery lol

2 Likes

Apps can choose whether to have this or not (default = show status bar I think)

Since Hopscotch is a game / “development” software, it is full screen. Most apps are this way, and I think it should stay this way, where you can quickly check time through the control center. It gives the app a cleaner look.

6 Likes

bump

2 Likes

Thanks AG

I wonder why this topic went inactive =(8^/)

2 Likes

I was referring to an actual working battery.

2 Likes

I was talking to AstrosUwU;)

1 Like

I’m thinking more of an iPad Variable that could get the current battery, hour, minute, second, month, day, year (the last 5 could replace current hidden timestamp block).

2 Likes

Why would you want to replace it? Wait til Timestamp would still be super helpful even with those.

1 Like

To put it simply, the number that outputs is way to complicated for kids to understand what it means.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s hidden and there are already quite a few projects using it. I agree that traits or variables would be much easier to understand, and I think that is the best way of implementing it, but removing Wait til Timestamp wouldn’t do any good.

To put it simply, it is the number of milliseconds since Jan 1 1970 (GMT)

1 Like

That could work out…

…we just have to see.

1 Like

Bump

We’re still waiting for this to happen.

The question is, will it?

no

1 Like

We don’t know that.

Maybe it’s best if we get THT on here to confirm some stuff.

Otherwise, perhaps I can just email THT.

This most definitely won’t happen and if they are considering it then it’s very low priority

3 Likes

While it’s a good idea, I personally would prefer to not have that information on screen, as I feel it could get tin the way of games and I would rather not have that in the editor either, as it would clutter the top of the screen a bit too

4 Likes