Suggestion: ban rickrolls

Great, I got gnomed?

5 Likes

Fine.
But still, it is not Hopscotch related.
Can it at least be banned in the YCTAYHCH?

1 Like

Neither is the art category and art portfolios.

2 Likes

True
And neither is coding gossips which talks about coding in general

1 Like

I disagree with @GOATGAMES’s first two reasons in the first post. I personally like the song, and don’t find rickrolls that annoying. Not to mention, both of those reasons are subjective and hard to say for everybody on the forums. However, it is objectively not hopscotch related. Still don’t think that reason alone is enough to ban them.

7 Likes

Y’all -
I understand it can get frustrating when trying to prove your point to someone, but where possible let’s be respectful of each other. Ultimately at the end of the day it’s up to THT if they want to keep rickrolls or not. When posted they’re not meant to make anyone become annoyed, usually it’s just for a small joke/easter egg kinda thing. Everyone has their own views, and please where possible share yours in consideration to others, to try and avoid conflicts, and also to keep things friendly. I know everyone can do it, so let’s all be the best hopscotcher we can :))
Thank you

10 Likes

Again, “You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.”

2 Likes

You don’t actually post the video, just a link to it
And he gets profit for it anyways:)

2 Likes

Links are not allowed.

2 Likes

Oh
Idk I don’t think not asking Rick Astley permission for rickrolling would in any way be against copyright but ok

2 Likes

Also, the video doesn’t meet any of the above requirements.

3 Likes

Well people have posted yt links of other songs here with no negative response idk

2 Likes

Who flagged my rickroll?

3 Likes

That’s if you copied the song and are plagiarizing it, which obviously no one here is doing. The section is in there cuz of copyright and plagiarism laws out of legal requirements and to make sure that no one gets sued or anything. Links are applied and dont infringe on any copyright laws.
^^ 6 can probably clear up any technicalities with that but the general gist is correct ^^

Linking videos is perfectly fine as long as they don’t break any guideline, which a link to a clean, kid-friendly song doesn’t do. Cuz of that, it’s not an exception to any rules we have in place and doesn’t need to explicitly be mentioned in the other guideline section you quoted.

10 Likes

@PumpkinGirl Clive it is not this serious

2 Likes

Yeah that was my personal opinion

1 Like

:man_facepalming: seriously. That video is blocked on my school iPad so idk if that’s a rick roll or a gnome.

1 Like

‘Tis a gnome sire

1 Like

Cmon. I want to be gnomed but it’s blocked.

1 Like

I think we can still keep this open in case people have something to add to your suggestion. We will discuss this internally and see if anything should be done.

2 Likes