Suggestion: Ability to make un-editable projects

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the ability to make un-editable projects?

For example, this would be useful if you make a project that has currency in it, and don’t want people to be going into your code and adding their own money in.

What do you think?

• Good idea
  • Bad idea
  • Other (reply)
  • Accidental vote

0 voters

10 Likes

Nice idea!

2 Likes

Yes, we need this! Nice thinking!

1 Like

It seems like a great idea, @Rod!

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

good idea
i accidentally went into @Spy_Guy_96’s code and changed it so that the level pack 2 was free, and then i realized it actually worked so i had to change the code back but i still had the level pack D:

2 Likes

I once went into infinite project and accidentally changed my number of cookies, and the sad thing was I had save data, and there was no way to delete it, GOOD IDEA

3 Likes

Sbyp many people have said this

2 Likes

Examples? Please?

1 Like

That defeats the purpose of remixing/spinning off.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t

Remixing is the action of taking someone’s work and modifying it to add stuff or make it better

Remixing doesn’t mean cheating on a game by changing the variables

Plus, there’s creators that don’t like their projects being remixed

3 Likes

please only post this alongside a link to such a topic - makes things much easier for everyone :))

6 Likes

Which is sad because it’s a large part of hopscotch. You can’t “abuse” rehopping, it was designed to help kids get inspired and learn- and guess what? It works. Scroll down my profile to find a gazilion remixes, and eventually I learned from those projects and created some quite interesting games.

3 Likes

I think maybe just making seed purchases un-editable should be fixed, since remixing is supposed to be a big part of HS.

@Ana, I’m bringing this to your attention because it’s a slight problem.

1 Like

I am personally unsure about what I think - since part of the charm and learning experience with Hopscotch is through rehopping/remixing.

Yeah, that is a good idea.

5 Likes

I agree, some people can easily just buy stuff for 0 seeds/unlock stuff in my game at least

3 Likes

What if people made their projects’ remixes unable to be published instead?

Something like a copyright, you can use the song (for example) for anything you want but you can’t publish it because you don’t have the licenses to do it

2 Likes

There’s this whole point of being open-sourced, but I wonder if incorporating seeds into this somehow would be a good idea, bot for an incentive and for THT.

e.g. Two requirements:

1. The user must have been planted 5 times
  2. They must pay 5 or 10 seeds per locked project
2 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

Good idea! Maybe your project could become automatically un-editable only if you add the new products feature in your game. This way, no one can change the currency, but hops are still exploring the code.

2 Likes