Success in Hopscotch

Are you just a small creator? Are you looking for attention and famousness on Hopscotch? Well, today, I will show you how! These are my techniques.

1. Avoid Publishing Too Often
    When @CreationsOfaNoob post something for example, we are all super excited, but let’s say when some guy who posts a project an hour post, it isn’t really exciting. By making your fans be excited for your games, put more effort into it. If you are done with your game quick, keep it there for a while (2 to 5 days) before you publish your game.

2. Asking for Stuff
    Never ever ask for likes or plants. Hopscotch is a platform for you to code, not to cheat and beat a bunch of likes like that.

3. Get Others Attention
    To get attention, you can follow people, and like and play others games! People could find you in their notifications!

4. Never Give Up
    This is a thing that separates good coders from bad ones, and that is that bad one ten to give up. If you have a idea that you love and do not know how to make it, ask for help on the forum here, or you can do what you know and keep going like that.

5. Never Under Estimate Your Game Ideas
    I once underestimated one of my games, Stock Market Quiz. It was too simple, who would like it? But it got 3 thousand plays and over 230 likes. I made Scotch Draw. I also thought it was too simple, but it got over 400 plays and 70 likes. I then learned to never underestimate my project ideas.

Thanks you for reading, Again, these are my tips. Yours may be different. I hoped this helped!

31 Likes

Great minds think alike

8 Likes

These are amazing tips!

I think this one was the most important part. You’re not usually going to start getting 50+ likes per project over night because usually your skills don’t develop that well overnight. Over time, if you keep at it, your coding will improve, and eventually, people will take notice.
I say just do what you love and forget about the likes while your coding. There’s a big different between complex code and code that was coded by someone who was truly enjoying himself or herself. People will see that.

Anyways, nice topic!

8 Likes

Very good tips

3 Likes

*fame
Otherwise great advice!

4 Likes

*tends (;

Excellent advice, very helpful for all users, especially new ones.

5 Likes

I never do this, because

1. It shows your greedy.
  2. It shows you can’t earn them on your own (or it tells that you’ve never tried hard enough to earn one.)
  3. Idk, just doesn’t seem too nice to me.
  4. Plants are hard to get, and asking for them will prob lower your chances.
5 Likes

This one is my favorite. I have seen a lot of coders quit because they aren’t getting enough attention. But all it takes is to persevere, and you will one day get noticed. Because everyone fails, but no one is a failure.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Nice one…

3 Likes

I feel like I Over Estimate my game ideas a bit, but I try all I can to improve/polish the game…

2 Likes

Is twice a week good?

5 Likes

I think that’s subject to your own judgment. (;

William posts a trail art a day. So I wouldn’t see why two projects a week is bad.

5 Likes

Every 2 weeks 2 projects at the most

3 Likes

Yes that is good.
Also this is what got ME popular, and you might be different

2 Likes

Or just- put more effort and take more time on your games :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Awesome advice!

3 Likes

Oh
Cus what i thought never give up means was don’t procrastinate. I don’t really care about if I don’t get likes or not, just the fact that I made a project makes me happy

7 Likes

Yo Nice topic in 1 hours thank you everyone!

2 Likes

4 hours you mean

2 Likes