Subscription Ideas--what do you think?

It’s expensive.

The biggest barrier is there’s just not a lot of features.
The second biggest is I don’t really spend a lot of money. Really the only money I’ve spent on apps was just buying the apps.

I second that :’)

Maybe add a chat feature? If you go in the newest section everyone is ALWAYS chatting

Well, I sometimes quickly code with Tynker to test some code ideas, if I can’t be bothered using a PC.
The app “Pocket Code” for Android is free and lets users use their own pics and publish their games to a website for others to play. I think comments are allowed below a projects screen as well.
Pocket code has more types of code blocks than Tynker,Hopscotch and Scratch.
My cheap android mobile is too small and weak to use Pocket Code in any enjoyable sense.
Other than Tynker, you don’t really have any competition on IOS, as far as using Scratch type blocks to code with.

I think $3 a month subscription to let users upload their own pics would be popular. Courses that teach to code could be a separate in app purchase for users who want it.

An idea I mentioned long ago was to have advertisements play before a project starts. This could be only in the free version of Hopscotch. You have data showing the average amount of projects played per month on your servers. So you should be able to calculate how much money would be coming in if a 15 sec advert plays before a project starts. You would have to remove the ability to save projects that aren’t the users own, to ensure adverts are played each time a project starts.

They’re also annoying.

I know ads are annoying, but nothing is free. Someone always has to pay.
THT getting something is better than getting nothing.

I don’t usually pay for apps. Right now, I don’t really have a use for getting the subscription. I would only use it for the images, which I don’t currently think is worth it. I like using text + shapes.

I would say, perhaps exclusive characters, that can’t be remixed by somebody without the subscription?

Wow! This would be pretty cool. I need to update one of my games.
But some haters may create a rude project, then to subscribe and remove the words they said. I think (if you create this feature) you should add a function that shows the edits.

I think to allow subscribers to see how many followers do they have would be great! We were waiting for it for about 2 years.

Also, you can create logarithm function. It will motivate people that like to use advanced maths in their projects to subscribe.

I don’t subscribe because I can make anything I want without using images, as I know how to make really a lot of things. It’s more interesting than just to use images you took or saved from the internet.
Plus, it’s expensive. If you make it a big cheaper, you’ll get more subscribers—many people who want to subscribe can’t do it because they don’t have enough money.

A lot of people think a repeat until block would be cool, and I think it’d be a great subscribers only feature (^-^)

It’s easy to code:

Repeat forever

Check once if something = 0

add some code here

End

At the beginning, something = 0. But then something happens, and something increases/decreases, so it doesn’t equal 0 anymore, and the code doesn’t repeat.

I think that sounds like a great idea, it would open up so many possibilities. I would totally subscribe if that was one of the features.

Yes!
I have limited experience with Scratch, but I really liked that feature!

Hmm… great question :thinking:

I would really enjoy to see the cool variables feature that you are talking about, and while writing this, I got a few smaller ideas that you could add to the subscription:

• Custom image thumbnails and scheduled project publishing would be two cool features for subscribers.

• This has been suggested before, but the ability to code your profile picture using HS (well, you could just screenshot it, so that is not a really good idea.)

• Maybe re-add the “remixes of my project” - counter for subscribers? Or add it for all HS users?

• Or what if you were able to put a project (“pin it”) to the top of your profile with a small comment? It would be useful for advertising your newest game, coding club or anything else.

Yeah, and since it can be coded without the block that’s why I think it should be subscribers only ;D

I think a good subscriber (or non subscriber) feature would be a fill trail block

XD
XD
Lol I’m going to laugh my head of form that XD

I would think certain blocks to make a leaderboard…
You can save variables and other stuff like that