Stuff that should really be added to Hopscotch!

requests

It would be nice to have a block that is like

Set (Self) Layer to (any number)

So no more messy send to back/front stuff

2 Likes

Yeah. I agree. (Look up)

2 Likes

What a good idea! That would be so useful.

2 Likes

Very useful, we noted it down!

10 Likes

I think THT should debug the “When is touching” block. It is always REALY laggy.

@Ana @Rodrigo @awesomeonion
@designers

Hey I think there should be a leaderboard that measures top liked hopscotchers, top followed hopscotchers, hopscotchers with the most features and hopscotchers with the most followers

2 Likes

That could dishearten people and think ‘I’m never going to be that good.’ I don’t think so. Maybe?

2 Likes

Definitely. Along with the when bumps.

1 Like

That could lead to popularity issues.

3 Likes

Yeah but more like a tracker, and a chat with people in those leaderboards for tips and etc @tankt2016 @MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE

That’s what the forum’s for.

2 Likes

Well but for people who don’t know the forums

Hi @awesomeonion and @Rodrigo!
Would you consider adding a block to directly set the z order/layer of an object?

4 Likes

I think the bring to front and send to back blocks can be a little confusing if there are many objects.

1 Like

Also The “Create Clones Times” already exist.

Here is a tutorial on how to get that: Step 1. Visit https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zwux1gllw. You will get a link to a project.
Step 2. Publish The project, then unpublish it immediately. Now you should have a project with that block in it.
This was made by @Awesome_E

4 Likes

My ideas @awesomeonion @Rodrigo

Why not have a color palette AND HSB and RGB-Colors?

1 Like

I think no color palette would make it, although harder, more educational.

2 Likes

Yeah like you have the option of using the three and when you use the color pallette it shows you the values in hsb and rgb

1 Like

Being able to store Strings in variables would be a really incredible update if possible

2 Likes