Strings can be typed into the Set Position block

Your username: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th Gen

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I noticed I can pull up the keyboard while inputting a number into a set position block and decided to mess with it because why not.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Tap a bubble in the Set Position block
  2. Switch to keyboard using the Aa button
  3. Input text potentially including but not solely comprised of numbers, play project
  4. Object is set to position (0, 0) — the text coordinates don’t do anything

I expected this to happen:
I was pretty sure it was a bug, and expected inputting the “coordinates” (-1 is, superior) to not work.

But instead this happened:
It did what I expected — nothing. (I mean, where are the coordinate (-1 is, superior) on the screen?) But I figure it shouldn’t be possible to be able to input text coordinates like this.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

The black clone — the one with the text coordinates — is the same size as the other squares on the screen. Only one quarter of it is shown because the center of it is at the coordinates (0, 0).

I assume Set Position isn’t the only block you can input text into when the block only does anything if you input numbers, but I haven’t checked.

14 Likes

Because strings have a value of 0

5 Likes

Yeah but you probably shouldn’t be able to input them into those blocks where they don’t make any sense

8 Likes

Agree. Minor bug, but I hope that it can be fixed!

5 Likes

Also when you are setting a variable to something, the keyboard pops up immediately and it is pretty annoying

3 Likes

This part of the new update. I’m pretty sure it’s not for the movement block. And unless you set the text to something then it would always equal 0.

4 Likes

What.

1 Like

This isn’t a bug
But quite useless if you ask me lol

2 Likes