"Sticky Keys" in my game / project

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Crosbyman64

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version) iPad Pro M1 (5th Gen), iPadOS 15.4, HS v3.49.0 (link below uses player 1.5.x)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I pressed the jump key and pressed X while hold the key. When I went back in, the jump key was stuck in the pressed state

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Open this link (https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/127eis9c8n)
  2. Play any level
  3. Perform the actions stated in the sentence above
  4. Witnesses the bug

I expected this to happen: the button(s) to work as normal

But instead this happened: the button(s) got permanently stuck, and I’m unable to release it by tapping the button once

Here’s a sweet screenshot: I was going to send a vid, but you wouldn’t believe me if I showed you.

• This bug was discovered by Mathematics 2 via the Hopscotch App.
  • This bug has nothing to do with the OG custom rules/abilities.
  • No amount of code alterations will fix it, so it is NOT a bug in code.

@omtl

7 Likes

And before you guys say “It’s because you forgot to reset the ((self) X) variable on game start,” I already tried that, didn’t work.

4 Likes

In the event that this bug doesn’t get resolved (or is unable to be fixed), I’ll have a temporary fix. I’ll just prevent players from tapping X while moving. You can’t get the bug if you can’t perform the steps to reproduce.

2 Likes

i can confirm this bug is on the side of tht because i already experimented this bug way before the new updates (end of 2020)

3 Likes

I’m going to be doing a fix in my game, so here’s an alternate link

It will also make it more obvious of what the bug is and how it occurred.

3 Likes