🌟 Starlight Studio's Game Update Topic! :>

Wait, couldn’t he just be like inflated, and he’s jumped on, and the pressure makes him zip away, and he’s like: WEEEEEeeeee……
And then they find him in the Atlantic the next day lol /j

3 Likes

Doodles in Combat!

The first* turn-based RPG on Hopscotch!

*the first one that’s on a grid like 99% of turn based rpgs

Doodles in Combat is a game that is inspired by (but will be different than) the most popular turn-based RPG on Roblox! (Look at the name if you can’t tell lol)

This game is at its public beta stage, and the main reason i’m publishing it now is so I can get help because this is another difficult game to make.

You can play it here: (I know it’s likely filtered)

Tags:

@Limon @ClownPig @MarkerGames @KingGuin87 @rAyyy @moocow @C.H.Rissole @Bluvi @Dragongirl1264 @braynee202 @Tulipia

:rotating_light: HELP NEEDED!! :rotating_light:

I NEED HELP MAKING THE ENEMY AI SYSTEM! After I finish the mechanics and troops and all of that stuff, I need help coding the enemy AI that you will play in the matches. I currently have ClownPig interested and committed to doing it, but I would like as much help as possible. Seed payment isn’t fully clarified yet, but can be discussed. @CodeHelp

Please vote in these polls if you are interested

• I’m interested, I want to help.

0 voters

My Skill Level on AI 1 (I know nothing) - 10 (I’m extremely good and can likely do it on my own)

0 voters

Requirements

The AI will need to do the following.

• Have to be able to function in 3 different ways; 1. Stay at your position and do not move 2. Stay at your position until the player is in range, than retreat or attack and move to the players base depending on health. 3. Number 2 but going straight to your base.

• Obviously has to be able to move where it’s able to and not where it shouldn’t, attack, use support items on teammates.

• It would be very nice if it could have a way to change how smart the enemy is.

• There are other things I can’t think of as of now so tag me with any questions or if any of these things aren’t possible because I have almost no experience so these things can all be changed/ looked into ofc

• EDIT WITH MORE REQUIREMENTS AFTER THIS POINT

• Some enemy troops won’t appear until later in the game

• There will be more than one enemy unit on the field at the start of the game

• After you code the enemy AI it needs to be very easy for me to just plop it in a new level to use then sine I will keep adding levels and after I add the seed block I can’t get any more code help

7 Likes

@StarlightStudios, I can make a functional AI system, that can do everything besides the bolded option. my Ai code is complex, but I cant change how smart the enemy is.

also, would you like for me to make a small health bar directly above the enemy? 1 more thing, would you like multiple — more or less depending on how long the character survive — enemy units

if you accept this offer, im honestly fine with 30-70 seeds.

4 Likes

When you click on a troop, their stats appear so you don’t need a health bar above the enemy because you can just click on it.

There will be many enemy units, one thing I forgot to mention is that some won’t appear until later in the game.

3 Likes

ok, that makes sense

4 Likes

New game tomorrow! (or maybe in a hour or two idk) Bet you didn’t see that!

@KingGuin87 @ClownPig @Limon @Tulipia @Keeganlightning123 @Dragongirl1264 @MarkerGames @braynee202

6 Likes

Yes, this is a FULL game! Not a beta test!

2 Likes

o.O

ARGHHH
WOW
I’M
SO
EXCITED
WHAT
OHH GOSH
PLEASE
WOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

omg

wow

IMSOEXCITEDEEEK

3 Likes

One thing why I love being his brother is I see the games early trust me he spent hard work

5 Likes

Yeah you saw the whole game already lol

which is literally finished i’m desgining the thumbnail right now

I made the whole game over the weekend including today

3 Likes

Chopping CRAZY!

A game about choppin’ trees!

In Chopping Crazy, you cut down trees and sell them to earn coins. Then you can unlock new areas and more powerful tools. You may also discover secret trees that are much more rare and are worth tons of money! Seeds can be used to gain amazing boosts, and animated tools to become a master lumberjack!

Play it now:
https://explore.gethopscotch.com/p/12ycv6u80i
(likely filtered if you’re just seeing this)

Tags: @Limon @ClownPig @MarkerGames @KingGuin87 @rAyyy @moocow @C.H.Rissole @Bluvi @Dragongirl1264 @braynee202 @Tulipia @Keeganlightning123

@ShiningStars

7 Likes

The game is LIVE! Play it now!

6 Likes

WOOOoooOoOoOOoOOOOOOooOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOOoOooOoO
Oh gosh it’s so good-

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten the cherry blossom wand yet?

• I have it!
  • I don’t have it yet.

0 voters

The Cyber Chainsaw certainly makes it easier lol /hj

3 Likes

I finished the game quickly :[
But I can’t wait for more! :]

3 Likes

Oh sorry maybe it was to easy… the difficulty will ramp up though!

3 Likes

I completed the whole game! Can’t wait to see more updates!

I have 3082 Cherry Blossom Logs, 225 Golden Logs, 516 Redwood Logs, 388 Birch Logs, and 0 Oak Logs lol

2 Likes

Omg I forgot to round the variables when selling lol. Glad you like it! Maybe the issue about the update topics is that these big projects are too complex and people like more simple projects. Do you think that could be it?

3 Likes

No, that wasn’t it. I used a dot to make it easier to read :sweat_smile:

And I actually have 3082 Cherry Blossom Logs!

Could be, and for your newer projects:

Be sure to always add a clear tutorial when the game is pretty complex!

4 Likes