Split screen hopscotch?

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

A way for iPad users to have hopscotch open twice on the same screen using split screen

I’d use it for this type of project:

I project that someone helped with by remixing and disabled seed purchases within the project, and where I have to now recreate it in another draft :disappointed:

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Games that have pre drawn art, but no actual way of importing them into the original project so having to resort to a redo.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I haven’t, but a split screen would just look like 2 verticle hopscotches so it’s pretty easy to imagine.

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

This is just my python editor, not all have split screen, but whatever

14 Likes

interesting, you could see updating code too

3 Likes

? Wut u mean? The python is broken lol

3 Likes

instead of switching between the editor and the player you can have both at the same screen and your code updates real-time

3 Likes

U talking python?

3 Likes

I’m talking in hopscotch

3 Likes

Wouldn’t people be able to more easily copy code tho? That could potentially be bad.

5 Likes

O yeah, for sure lol

3 Likes

Ehh, copying code is fine imo tho. Hopscotch owns all yer “creative rights” when u make it in hs lol

3 Likes

i meant copying others’ code without permission.

You know, like stealing it.

4 Likes

It’s not stealing tho, wen I copy ur code (I don’t) I’m learning, hs isn’t meant for creating the best 1st person combat games and getting rich, in fact u can’t get rich off hopscotch. Hs is about the learning process.

3 Likes

unless you’re the hopscotch team, then you make profit

4 Likes

I know, and that’s all good. But we all know there are some people out there whose intention is not that. Of course, that percentage might be small, but it’s still there.

3 Likes

So what? What do they gain? And what do we lose? Btw, my tone here is relaxed and we’re just having a friendly discussion

3 Likes

Let me see…searches the archives of my brain for an answer. (also calm, and adding some random ridiculous thing to it to keep it from seeming heated.)

Lol nothing. You win. This is an excellent idea. Hope they integrate it into hopscotch sometime.

3 Likes

Tbh I don’t like this term much, how about I agree? Cuz I didn’t win, we all win once we agree, right?

2 Likes

Yeah. Okay, I agree. I just meant your logical arguments and rebuttals convinced me.

3 Likes

Interesting idea!

3 Likes

Y intresting? lol that’s the post I make in all topics I don’t have time to read :joy:

2 Likes

Oh yesss I love split screen

I’d use it to have Sandbox and Hopscotch open at the same time to code pixel arts, but currently I just use Slideover Mode, which is pretty similar except it blocks part of the screen.

2 Likes