Songs on hopscotch sound blocks

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: hopscotch songs on the sound blocks section

I’d use it for this type of project: well if you want to wish someone a happy birthday, then you would use the happy birthday song. same with christmas and jingle bells.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: well its just like 2 songs instead i know this sounds weird bc hopscotch is for coding and stuff but like just two songs won’t hurt

Here is an example design I’ve made: well it would be sound black but it would have the music in it

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this: n/a

10 Likes

First post
Nice idea!

4 Likes

thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

I was thinking about this too

4 Likes

I’ve seen this in Scratch with start sound

3 Likes

So essentially a pre-programmed song?

2 Likes

Would it show the notes like a custom block?

3 Likes

So, like presets for songs that’s available to everyone? Sounds cool!

2 Likes

I would personally like more music blocks and maybe a piano, but this is still a good idea!

4 Likes

yes, more notes is a must

I wouldn’t like this because it takes away the fun of coding music

4 Likes

More notes is essential in improving your skills. Right now, I feel restricted with the two octave note range. Plus, it’ll make coding music a lot easier.

4 Likes

Cool? This is nice, but the songs are a little unneeded. I dunno

2 Likes

I mean, it defeats the purpose of learning how to code music in a sense, but as long as there aren’t too many, I think it should be fine.

1 Like

Or maybe a song exchange place where you code music and you can trade it with someone elses coded music

1 Like

oh right. if you say so.

1 Like

Preset songs, hm? I like it - THT could ask us to make some of the music, I could definitely make some.

3 Likes

I can make some too.

3 Likes

Me three

2 Likes

That’s good for wishing your friends birthday or anniversary

2 Likes

yeh thats what i mean