Some code deleting after project is published

Your user name: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?:
iPad 6th Gen, iOS 12.3.1 (oh hey there’s an update for iOS 12.4, I’ll do that later)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I can’t really make this in one sentence, but I was coding my summer contest project. I published a work-in-progress of it yesterday, and today I unpublished the wip to work on it further. I played it, and this bug in my code I swear I had fixed (right before I published it) was back.
I looked at my code, and the code I had used to fix the bug was gone.
I also forgot how I fixed the bug in my code, but I’ll re-figure it out XD

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Code a project with several rules.
  2. Publish the project.
  3. Play it. Some rules/code made closest to the time you published may be gone.

I expected this to happen:
I expected my code to all be there, obviously.

But instead this happened:
And obviously it wasn’t.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Not sure how I’m supposed to screenshot this.

14 Likes

That seems really annoying. I hope it gets fixed

10 Likes

Hmm…seems annoying.

3 Likes

Oh no! It seems like there is a bug that’s causing you to lose code!

It might help if you made a smaller project, but I know you don’t want to do that with your summer comp entry.

Try contacting THT about this one. The project might have broken the filesize cap of 80 megabytes (yes, the filesize cap has been increased to eight times its most recent upgrade).

2 Likes

I highly doubt that, as almost no-one has ever got up to the old max, and it would be almost impossible to unintentionally get up to 80mb.

3 Likes

This is very weird, I hope this get fixed! Like others already said, you should email THT on this one for the fastest response possible.

3 Likes

I don’t think it has anything to do with the file size, and my project only has 4 objects in the editor (and several clones).
If I’m looking at the right file, my project is only 167 kilobytes.

I also edited the secret blocks in using Awesome E’s shortcut, if that makes any difference.

4 Likes

It’s usually a certain amount when the file is gzipped, likely 4MB when the project is archived/compressed.

3 Likes

es lo que es
is my spanish right?