[SOLVED]: White screen bug when playing project in drafts

I was working on a project because I needed to get rid of some of my drafts, but it stopped working and the screen was just blank. This happened when I played it, but the editor was just fine.

12 Likes

Hi there! There seems to be a bug report already like this. Maybe a lead could merge though, no need to worry. :))

5 Likes

Oh, ok. I just hated to see if I could solve this issue because I was working on this for a while

5 Likes

This happens a lot — the white screen bug is pretty common. It’ll fix once you exit the project and reopen, but if that doesn’t work, restarting the app with always fix it

It’s alright since you’re new and may not have known, but you can use the search bar in the future and use keywords like “white screen bug”. Because it’s so common, it’ll redirect you to existing topics with solutions. If you try multiple combinations and still can’t seem to find an existing fix or have discovered a new bug, that’s when you should make a new topic.

Hope this (both the solution and the tip) helped :)) a lead will Clive this topic now but feel free to ask in the yctayhch if you have any other questions

9 Likes

Oops I meant to say wanted

4 Likes

I’ve tried to fix it, but it didn’t go away. It’s a little similar to the last bug I had with the Saint Patrick’s Day project.

3 Likes

I also can’t publish it, nothing happens when I click the share button. It might be because of lag.

3 Likes

Oh that’s interesting, very different situation then.

You can do the same thing as last time with the UUID and I can turn it into a link for you. Unfortunately don’t think I have enough time to debug for you, but luckily we’ve got a huge community and someone can prob help you asap :))

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll do the link thing with the uuid

2 Likes

https ://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11eh16sem4

2 Likes

Here you go :))

2 Likes

Hmm, weird

1 Like

If the project is unpublishable, maybe this is a different bug to the common white screen bug?

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe :thinking:

2 Likes

Can’t even load the project ._.

2 Likes

I’ll let this topic stay open then so that someone can investigate! I will try the project out when I get home to see what I get.

3 Likes

If this is the same bug you should merge but for me its a bug where I cannot even load the project!

2 Likes

Yeah yeah, I see. This sounds very strange, and that the share button isn’t working also sounds like there is something beyond the white screen bug. Can it be that something in the project got caught in the filter?

3 Likes

What filter?

1 Like

I think there’s a typo in the link. Can you double check that?

1 Like