SOLVED-I'm sort of... disappointed

Hi everyone. I had just introduced my friend to Hopscotch, but she said that she couldn’t get it because her dad didn’t want to pay. I was confused because when I first joined Hopscotch I had a free account and it was fine. I’m unsure of what to tell her. Does anyone know what I should tell her? Is it still possible to create a free account without a free trial?

11 Likes

It is free. Are they trying to get it on a phone?
Yeah, I agree that it’s fun being regular but there’s no point just making a random wiki for no reason. Besides, you don’t want to confuse new users.

3 Likes

@Ana making it so you can’t create an account without the free trial is confusing Some people, maybe you could make it like before?

You can do this, but it’s kind of complicated.

The easiest way is to cancel the free trial once you get an account. You’ll still get it and not have to pay.

You could also do this:

9 Likes

If she’s on an iPad, if you click “I’m a parent” or just wait a bit, a skip button should appear. Then she’ll have an acc.
Otherwise, check out the link Petrichor posted.

Also, welcome to the forum! I’m FearlessPhoenix. If you ever need any other help, tag me as @FearlessPhoenix and I’ll come help

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Ahhh that stinks…
If she’s on an iPad, she could do this, but if she’s on a phone, I don’t know if that trick to get past the subscription-buying-thing will work. She could always create the account on an iPad though, and login on her phone.

3 Likes

I think they took the I’m A Parent button away.

3 Likes

What? They did? Oh dang okay uhh brb lemme go see…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s only this now.

4 Likes

Rip…
I could still see it erode the apparent new update.

@SarahCodes689, do the school version trick, which is the link Petrichor posted above.

4 Likes

Hello! A recent update seems to have caused some confusion.
@Petrichor already posted a link to this topic:

It can help you make an account without starting a free trial.

1 Like
closed #11
archived #12