So you'd like to learn Markdown?

Hello hopscotchers! :wave:

What do you think of this tutorial we put together for Markdown?

• can you tell what the heck "Markdown" is?

• does it make sense?

• is it helpful?

• how could it be improved?

Is this hopscotch related???????

Yes, it is -- give it a try and see for yourself. Type it in here.

@codinghorror, this is really cool! I love how interactive it is, and I learned some things from it!

Cool! Most people would say this isn't Hopscotch-related, but it is actually forum-related to me. It is a tutorial on how to do cool effects and stuff on the forum.

This is very helpful for new users :smiley: Does the :emoji: fall into this category?

It's really helpful!!!! I love that it's so interactive

@codinghorror is there any chance that the ctrl+k thing will be added as a way to make a code block? It's habit from SO and I think it's a lot easier/more convenient.
Also, I do see a lot of physics popping up on the forum recently, so maybe an option for sites to have MathJax?

As to feedback for the tutorial, I think it is an awesome 'cheat sheet' and a very helpful reference, and I adore the interactive tutorial.
There is one thing I think you need to add - it needs to be on the forum. Users, especially new users, aren't going to constantly have that open in another tab for reference or even know it exists. There needs to be some sort of button on the post editor button bar that brings this cheat sheet up, maybe even as an overlay to the page you are currently on.

Thanks @codinghorror this taught all of us something new also @RubyWolf1 @codinghorror works at discourse!

Oh ok that's awesome!

Thanks @codinghorror!

Love the tourial

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Interesting indeed, I must say...

I might as well bookmark that site...

I know how to use colors with BBCode tags, but it's disabled for some reason, I think.