Smallest things breaking in my project

Simple things in hopscotch are breaking.
For example
Text does not appear in in button

Here is the link for the game: Spaceship dash Platformer #SpaceAdventure by Rapterdragon83
The object is right here

This is also happing in my Pokémon go games, the text telling you how many pokeballs you have does not appear. This is also happening in with other text in my Pokémon game.
Here is the link to the game: Pokémon go season 2 v1.4 by Rapterdragon83
It may or may not be in the filter as I post this.

This is what the code is,

nothing has a higher z index.
I’ve notice these problems only happen when you have more than one scene. These bugs are very annoying and are delaying many project releases.
@CodeHelp

6 Likes

Are the things you’ve listed the only problems you’ve been having, or are there more?

4 Likes

There is more, many in my Pokémon game. There is one where I had a simple play button and it transitioned to a different scene. When you got back to the scene with the play button it wouldn’t transition the scene again.

5 Likes

This is a bug report no?
Would you mind if I put it in the correct category?

3 Likes

No thanks @Henry did it already.

3 Likes

Maybe you should just make it 2 objects

3 Likes

?
wdym?
it’s a bug report, the bug is in THT’s side, not rapter’s side

3 Likes

In the spaceship dash the text bug is a clone of the button so maybe that’s messing it up

3 Likes

and it shouldn’t, so i don’t understand your point

4 Likes

Original object doesn’t refresh its Z Index when clones are created. This also could be the reason for why the text doesn’t appear in button (could be behind it). You might be able to fix this in your project by putting a set z index right after create a clone, but the bug has already been reported here:

@Rapterdragon_83, @DaughterOfHecate, @Henry, thank you for acknowledging that this is a Hopscotch bug, but I moved this topic to #debug-my-code because:

1. It doesn’t have steps to reproduce.
  2. It mentions multiple small bugs, while bug reports are focused on one bug each.
  3. There is no “expected” vs “actual” occurrence clearly stated (though it can be inferred after reading carefully). Bug reports should be easy to read in less than a minute.
  4. There was no subcategory assigned. When creating a bug report, please do the best you can to assign it a subcategory. I wrote a whole post on how to do that here
  5. I believe the bug experienced has already been reported (see post quote above). If you’re moving a topic like this, double check to make sure it’s not a duplicate (though I see how this one would not have been easy to find unless you knew the issue was reported before).
8 Likes

Maybe the text’s z index is smaller

3 Likes

Hmm…could this possibly be a problem with the version of Hopscotch you’re on?

2 Likes

The setting z index is after the object clones.

1 Like

It’s weird because I think you have to set a index on original and clone after it’s created. (That’s if I recall correctly)

2 Likes

OMG It’s so cool

1 Like

I mean the Pokémon game

1 Like

That’s not exactly what this topic is about, but true

1 Like

I’m also starting to see this in other people’s games too.

2 Likes

Stuff like this has been happening to me as well!

1 Like