Smaller keyboard inputs are not sensed using ‘when touches’

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Electogenius

What kind of device are you using?: According to the ‘about’ screen, iPad7,11

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was playing with the input block then I realized that objects didn’t sense smaller inputs in the ‘when ___ is touching ___’

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.Make a couple of text objects set text to inputs of small sizes and make them do something when an object is touching them
2.make an object touch them
….

I expected this to happen: The ‘something’ happens

But instead this happened: It doesn’t happen

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Wait no,
Here’s a sweet link

Tap the bar to make it move across da screen.

7 Likes

I have noticed this bug too.

4 Likes

Yeah
This must be fixed because I can’t do anything in my programming language thingy

3 Likes

Weird! I have not really worked with this kind of code, so I can’t verify if I have experienced this or not.

2 Likes

I saw a different bug, Maybe someone already reported it, so I’m not going to make a topic on it.

The ‘When Object is Cloned’ is not visible when adding the block, but it is when you change it.

Also, beta testers / subscribers are so lucky. There’s When I Hear, Save Input, When Touch Stops, Change Scene, Broadcast Message, Set Text to Input, and When Matches. Those who have the beta editor already knew this. Make me wonder if they will make it out of beta. Also, it’s a beta editor. Expect bugs.

I wonder who used ‘When I hear’ to make a project that have the person say ‘Hey, Siri’ or something…

1 Like

I think it’s just the beta editor, because it works in the non-beta. I made a small text and a thin square, and sent it flying across the screen at speed 1000, and it changed colors no problem (without beta).

1 Like

Small keyboard input?
This bug happens for only Keyboard inputs.
So non-beta users can’t replicate it.
So only beta users have the bug

Does it work when the text was small to begin with, though? I have seen a bug like this with objects not detecting each other.

1 Like

I changed the default text to “y” (don’t worry, I couldn’t post it anyways), and it still didn’t detect when the bar was touching. This is not a problem for non-beta.

1 Like

I don’t think so.
Small texts are sensed I think
It’s just inputs as far as I know.