0 voters

11 Likes

Yes I agree

5 Likes

YES

I don’t like when half the thumbnail gets obstructed

At least make it semi-transparent or something

5 Likes

I think some of them are reasonably sized, but some ofthe ones like the Easter contest are super big. Like E’s project sign is a lot smaller than the one on my project for winning e2020 art.

Semi transparent like Tankt suggested is a good idea

7 Likes

Yeah, that’d be nice. Or they give you an option to change your thumbnail when you win?

4 Likes

yeah some are ok as they aren’t obstructive but some of them are large

2 Likes

Yeah, the super large ones should def be smaller

3 Likes

So you won in Art in E2020 but then your the thumbnail of your winning project showing your coded art gets obstructed.

That makes so much sense.

^^^sarcasm

3 Likes

even in E’s project I think the placement of it could’ve been better (right above the bottom text would be perfect) as not to obstruct text/important features

2 Likes

I’d say it isn’t really a big deal just don’t make it bigger

2 Likes

Lol not that much tho, you can still see most of it.

But yeah, I see where you’re coming from.
Maybe less snark tho, THT is trying and they do their best.

3 Likes

Yeah def.
Just in terms of size tho, I think that’s reasonable. Maybe a bit smaller would be nice but it wouldn’t make much of a difference

2 Likes

maybe like the curated banner idea but a little bigger (since it’s a contest which is a bigger achievement)?

1 Like

Ooh that’s definitely a cool idea.

And if we got project descriptions/settings, enabling/disabling both banners would be cool. It’d also be cool if in the project descriptions it said “____ comp winner!” or “curated!” or something

2 Likes

Ok, sorry

2 Likes

Like the editor’s choice badge in the App Store?
That would be cool!

2 Likes

No worries, it’s all good.

Just important to remember how amazing THT is for managing both the app and forum, working on new features, hosting competitions, doing bug fixes, and so much other stuff with such a small team. It’s pretty amazing and they all do so much.
Snarking at them for something as small as having competition banners cover part of a thumbnail isn’t really that nice, y’know? And in comparison to everything else, it’s a pretty small thing.

3 Likes

I love that idea.

1 Like

I thought it was just fine on my project, but I do see how it could be an issue for more intricate thumbnails. It should be dependent on the content of the thumbnail.

5 Likes

Yeah, it hides some of the thumbnail.

2 Likes