Simulator Competition (Unofficial)

I’ll see if I can get something done for this. A bit rust on my coding, this is a good chance to sharpen my skills >:)

5 Likes

my entry, i joined midway if that’s okay:

3 Likes

That’s ok. Thanks for the entry

2 Likes

It’s your competition so of course you get to decide, but why is code organization the biggest factor? It doesn’t affect anything about the game to the person playing it so I would recommend switching the order or not even putting it in at all but this is a really cool competition!

4 Likes

I guess you have a point. I will change it

1 Like

It might just be me, but this would be the most important to me. How well it’s organized helps the player understand what’s going on, and aside from games being fun, it’s a great thing when you learn more about Hopscotch coding while you’re at it :blush: That can be tough to do tho if everything is messy and difficult to understand as a result.

It think it should definitely be a factor in judging the project.

4 Likes

It really comes down to how you think about it. I think games only should be judged to the extent of the intended experience which is when you are playing the game unless it’s a tutorial or it wants you to look at the code. Everyone codes in different ways and it might not be organized to you but it might be organized to whoever made it. I understand that a feature in hopscotch is going into code to learn how whoever made it coded it but I don’t think it should affect a criteria judging the best game as it doesn’t affect the game itself.

4 Likes

For example some people have told me my code should be more organized when for me it makes sense and is organized but they just code differently and that’s fine! I do want to mention I have a lot of respect to people who do make it easier to understand their code but you shouldn’t be judged for not.

5 Likes

I see what you are talking about. Aside from games being fun, The main part of Hopscoth is to learn how to code, Problem solving, and finding ways to code easier and organization. So I think I am going to keep organization on code factor.

3 Likes

I see what you mean, I’m basically saying if i made a competition about the best game I wouldn’t put code organization because that’s not affecting the game but of course you can make a competition with it I mean it’s your competition after all

3 Likes

People have said that they want to increase the due date.

Your dead line is in 2022-07-05T04:00:00Z

Good Luck

2 Likes

Hey is it too late to join @RoadOcean ? I think i might try to make something real quick :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No it’s not too late. You can join midway

2 Likes

Ok thanks!

2 Likes

Here is my submission! Really liked how this turned out! (RELEASE!) Gem Mining Simulator! V1.0.0 #games #simulation #art #music by StarlightStudios

@RoadOcean

3 Likes

Ok thanks. I will check it out soon

2 Likes