Sierpinski Triangle Challenge!

Hey everyone! I have a challenge for you that I myself would like to try. This is called the Sierpinski triangle:

It is a triangle within a triangle with in a triangle, etc.
I was thinking maybe this could be done on Hopscotch with clones and leave a trail blocks, do you have any thoughts? If you are up for the challenge, try it out and let me know how it goes! :smiley:

-Madi-'s Tag List

@Paige1212 (u mei senpai!!!! U make great games :+1:🏻)
@KiraForPrez (Heyyyy Senpai!:+1:)
@ValueGamesStudio
@Petrichor
@IShallNotBeNamed
@RobotPro
@IKeudin
@Candycane
@Kitkat26
@PrincessBunny1
@Cash
@Caramel_Puffin
@intellection74
@bluedogmc-official
@TheGreenBanana
@KVJ (durr, hai Senpai)
@DMF of course
@iReesesCup I like noooooooooooodles
@BB-Box
@William04GamerA
@DiamondDragon
@Artistic_cat
@EnchantedHopscotcher
@BerryFOX
@KayKat
@PumpkinGirl
@t1_hopscotch

Wow this looks cool!! I'll certainly give it a try!!

This is what I've got so far:

It's a start...:laughing:

I've been thinking of this too, and I might give it a try :D

Cool! I'd love to see what you can come up with! Do you have any ideas for methods that would work well to make it?

I'll try!

I can't wait to see it :3

Hmmmmm it should be possible using clones. I might try it, but I have a few things I want to test before I try it.

Progress:

Nice job!! That's what I got to and then I couldn't figure out what to do after that.

I'm starting to get confused too

I would divide the other triangles into more triangles. Each of those can be made into four others.

Progress:

Wow!! This is amazing!!! I have been trying to figure this out, how did you it? What was the code? (I'm not going to copy I'm just curious)

I think I've come up with a very elegant solution to this problem:

It uses some simple math to calculate the distance of how far it should move each time, and then it turns 120 degrees. The only recursion here is used for a "while loop".

The drawback to the method I came up with is time. It takes 2-3 minutes to fully draw out the triangle in the thumbnail, mainly because the method I use also has the object redrawing a lot of trails, and the fact that it takes time to calculate the distance it needs to travel.

Very cool! I really like how you designed it with using little triangles to make the bigger ones. Also thanks for crediting me! :smiley:

Thanks! I think the little triangles is the easiest way to do it. And you're welcome for giving you credit! :slight_smile:

This is really really great!! Very clever!!

Hey Madi! Someone took me off your tag list, can you copy the updated one? I just put my name back on. :+1::+1::+1:

I just added you :wink: