Should we have seed block for everyone?

Confirmed :white_check_mark:! It does.

Hang on, I think I might have come up with a little suggestion here.
Maybe, the seed block could cost like $3.99 (£3.21) or something like that. And then they could buy it without needing to buy the whole subscription??!!

3 Likes

it may sound like a dream come true, but tht has to check all projects with seed blocks to make sure that it isn’t being abused. it’s super generous to allow subscribers to use it. i’m sure it’s tons of work already, and allowing everyone to have it would overwork the employees.

4 Likes

It would be nice if seed developers got there seed block back

5 Likes

yeah, i do have the sub so it’s not a problem for me but they did promise it.

5 Likes

I would rather have the seed block

4 Likes

everyone would rather have it for free than pay for it. hopscotch probably doesn’t get much money from seeds, but if everyone had the seed block than they probably wouldn’t get any money from that at all. the subscription pays them enough and one of the biggest perks of the subscription now is the seed block, and if everyone had it, 1. way too much work for employees and 2. the subscription would be less desirable. less people would buy the subscription and tht might need new employees, and they might not have enough money to pay the employees fairly and keep enough money to themselves.

8 Likes

I second this. I don’t think it will make a difference of the couple of us seed devs still active get the seed block.

6 Likes

Maybe to remedy for this without Hopscotch losing much money, they could do a reoccurring, more accessible program similar to the Seed Developer program where they temporarily give talented non-subscriber hopscotchers access to the seed block for a 1 week-a month. They could then show off projects they’ve (hopefully) made using the seed block in a new tab/section. This would triple (heh) as giving non-subscribers a taste of the seed blocks, being the spiritual successor to the seed dev program, while being an advertisement at the same time

6 Likes

I think one of the reasons is that seed devs would practically be getting a subscription feature that other people need to pay on monthly/yearly basis for forever (i think??). Not only would that give an unfair advantage, there’s a chance people would be jealous of them. Hopscotch is targeted towards the younglings, and so the userbase will be younglings, so you can’t expect them to act so perfectly civil all the time

personally id like user variables to be free for everyone /j/j/j/j/j//j (i know why theyre paid) (probably)

4 Likes

That is a completely valid point but the seed block is only a small part of the sub. The seed devs worked hard to earn the block.

3 Likes

As it would be cool if everyone had the seed block but hopscotch needs to make money if they want to stay above the surface. Making the seed block exclusive would make more people purchase the sub.
( a completely valid business choice.)

3 Likes

I do understand where you’re coming from, seed devs did work hard into getting in. But, no offense here, just because you worked hard on something doesn’t mean you are completely entitled to something for free permanently. Yes, it’d be disappointing to find out what you worked so hard for is completely gone, but at the end of the day, you just need to accept it. It was Hopscotch’s choice, and I bet you they’ve definitely considered keeping the block for seed devs, but there must be a completely valid reason for them to do it if they did do it

3 Likes

You win lol
Well I gotta to write an essay

3 Likes

(nyeh heh heh)
Good luck on your essay, whatever it is

3 Likes

ok then lol

2 Likes

good luck then

2 Likes