Thanks for tagging us- it’s sort of a tricky subject. Hopscotch is about learning to code, and the way some people do that is by looking at other projects and recreating it for themselves. Remixing is encouraged so that users can add their own code to projects, not to just copy someone else’s project. And taking someone else’s idea may be copying to some people, but it can really hard to come up with a completely original idea that’s never been done before.
This idea is good- we’re curious to know if it really matters to everyone though. Is it really worth it to go through all the trouble for a copied project that may only be a couple times anyway?
Do you care when you see a copied project or if your project gets copied? @omtl
- Yes, if the project is exactly the same I would like that copied project to be taken down ASAP!
- Yes, if the idea is the same I would like copied project to be taken down ASAP
- Yes, if the code is exactly the same and the project gets featured
- Yes, if the idea is the same and the project gets featured
- Kind of, it depends (who copied it, if it gets lots of attention, who the person being copied is, etc. Please share thoughts in comments!)
- No, I don’t care if it’s someone else’s project but I do care if it’s my project
- No, I don’t care if it’s my project but I do care if it’s someone else’s
- I don’t care
If you ever see a copied project on featured, let us know in this topic: Report Unfairly Featured Projects Here [Official]