Should there be a new blue control block

I have a question and I want everyone to be involved.

The question is, should we have new control blocks?

8 Likes

Hi, I don’t think this is allowed since you’re not specifying what you want…

5 Likes

This is a great idea! More blue blocks would be great- there are already feature requests for the following I think:

• break block (to break from loops)
  • return block (return a value from a function so we can have return types, parameters, and custom operators)
  • for i in sequence (I like to iterate over sequences)
  • else if (as many as you want)

(anyone else?)

11 Likes

Like what new blocks do you want?

5 Likes

It’s a question

5 Likes

Yeah but I mean which ones?

5 Likes

You mean like the ones that jonnygamer just listed or all of the suggested ones?

4 Likes

Thank you for responding

6 Likes

YES I’m talking about that.

6 Likes

Please join this chat

5 Likes

Hey there @MuteChristmasTree97! I love that you are thinking about new blocks for hopscotch! I’m sure you have great ideas about new control blocks! @\JonnyGamer gave some great examples of new control blocks other hopscotchers have suggested. If you have another suggestion, fill this form out so that others can understand what you are suggesting:

A feature I’d like to see in hopscotch is:

It would be useful for:

I’ve seen things like these in other coding languages:

Here’s an example picture:

I poked you to some of those topics so that you can see examples (:

13 Likes

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE! Yes yes yes

8 Likes

ahh! yes, these are all awesome! i would like all of them!

8 Likes

Yea that’s cool if we had more control blocks

5 Likes

I agree! Do you happen to have any examples of control blocks that you want to implement? :slight_smile: Otherwise, this can go into our main discussion topic. You can use the form that @SwimGirlStudios quoted as a base!

9 Likes

I think other have ideas

6 Likes

I think so too! However, that kind of discussion (an open-ended discussion about coding) can go in this topic:

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/you-can-talk-about-your-hopscotch-coding-here-28-official/61677

It’s nothing against this idea at all, it is just that we keep things on the same topic so that it will be easier for everyone to find discussions. If you have a specific control block idea and there is not a topic for it, you can create one. But this kind of discussion can go in the mentioned topic above :slight_smile:

9 Likes

this should be in the hopscotch roadmap :frowning:

7 Likes

What do you mean?

6 Likes

poked you there :)

it’s a list of every updates tht will publish

5 Likes