Should caps be allowed?

experiment
ideas
forum
tricks

PLEASE read the whole thing, and follow the exact instructions I give you in this experiment!

Hello!

I'm here to ask a weird question because curiosity killed the cat:

SHOULD CAPS BE ALLOWED?

Okay, compare these two comments.

Comment 1

Hello, my name is Billy Bob Joe. I want @MobCraft to put me in the Illuminati, and I want @CreativeCoder to say "Hi" to me.

Now, this part is super super SUPER important!! Close comment 1 and THEN open comment 2. This controls your mood in a MAJOR way!!

Comment 2

HELLO, MY NAME IS BILLY BOB JOE! I WANT @MOBCRAFT TO PUT ME IN THE ILLUMINATI, AND I WANT @CREATIVECODER TO SAY HI TO ME!

Do you see the difference? Isn't this giant caps font annoying? This is why I'm asking this question! Also, I want to see how you feel, so please do this:

Don't open this until you read the whole post!!

#When you comment, please make it a giant header like this by putting a # in front of it!

OK! LOLO KEK 1000 EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG RAWRBEAR RANDOM WORDS YOU SAID THIS WAS AN EXPERIMENT

Yeah...you said this was an experiment, but this is off-topic.

Yeah, a little bit off-topic, I will place that tag in right now. This was just an experiment, I wanted to see how people would feel on this particular topic! :wink:

Umm..okay then. HI BILLY BOB JOE. This was very random indeed.

AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD, I just ran out of likes. Again. >_<

I DONT GET THIS WHAT IS IT FOR? ITS KINDA OFF TOPIC ISNT IT. BLA BLA BLADY BLA BLAπŸ€‘πŸ€”

I feel that caps make it seem that people are screaming or yelling. For emphasizing, I suggest people use bold text or italics.

Same

Do not open each at the same time.

non caps

I want people to check out my projects!

caps

I WANT PEOPLE TO CHECK OUT MY PROJECTS!

New word alert, created by @Hoppertoscotch, theres such thing as #IWANT, thank you for reading, goodnight

should caps be allowed?????

• yes
  • no

0voters

@Stampys_fans I'm guessing you acknowledging my typo. But what is.....
Lisening? :joy:

I meant reading... EDITING...

I saw the edit πŸ™ƒ:slightly_smiling:πŸ™ƒ:slightly_smiling:πŸ™ƒ:slightly_smiling:

Fixed MY typo. Now WE ARE EVEN!!!!
@Stampys_fans

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my evil plan was turned, now I do not have my title as the evilest evildoer of all time, I'll get you @Hoppertoscotch, if it's the last thing I'll do (I won't, though I'll be searching for ye typos...)

@Stampys_fans you won't have to, I will never type again because I'll just be reading that reply and laughing! :joy::joy::joy:

Here, ye, here, ye new word word alert repi,( it's spelt reply (you should know better by now)) :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Stampys_fans thank you TYPO FIXED!!!
(We are gettin' off topic)

This is on topic as it is about whether caps on the forums should be allowed.
If I see a post using caps in a way to emphasize something, like this:

The snake was REALLY long! And it was FLASHING!

Then that's fine by me. It is used in a way to add emphasis, and isn't particularly distracting or anything.
But, if the post is like this:

THE SNAKE WAS REALLY LONG AND IT WAS FLASHING

Then the caps are unnecessary, and I will edit the post and uncapitalize it.

As for whether you should flag them - I'm not really sure. We don't want the post to be deleted, just corrected. If you see an all caps post, just bring it to me or @t1_hopscotch 's attention, or (and this is the better way because we have to work less xD) just ask the person with the all caps post to correct it.

BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES ALL CAPS