Shape art tips for beginners

Hello! I make shape art and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for beginners? That would be great :blush:

7 Likes

hi there, i just moved your topic to the correct category :)
I don’t often do shape arts so sadly i have no tips to give

5 Likes

Set height and width blocks are always neet! Also refrences. My acc has some shape arts on it, feel free to look at the code!

6 Likes

Thanks I’ll check them out!

6 Likes

Height and width blocks, like mentioned before, are very helpful to start out. I would recommend checking out other projects from users (like @William04GamerA for example) for ideas/help or if you need any advice.

5 Likes

In addition to what others have already said, I’d also recommend a couple other things:
• use blank text objects then use set image to set it to whatever shape you want
• make good use of clones (this is especially good for making curves or weird shapes) don’t forget to add a “when object is cloned” rule
• use set position blocks to determine where things are. This makes it so much easier to, for instance, put one shape exactly 50 units above another, etc.

^^ This user has some relatively simple yet cute shape arts if you’d like to check out some code

10 Likes

Donuts around circles make good outlines

2 Likes

i think create a clone is better because you can control the width. Or use draw a trail

2 Likes