Several of the same project open at once

So with this new update, I’ve found a bug that seems to be pretty bad. If you go to your profile and open a draft, of you click the project you’re trying to open twice or more while it’s loading “unpacking code”, you’ll end up with the animation for the project sliding over and opening into the editor playing several times. If you try to use the home button to return to your profile, the project briefly does the bear saving screen for a brief flash, before not saving your code and going back to the instance of the project open before it. Everything will be back to how it was when you first opened your project. This seems to happen the amount of times you press the project thumbnail while it’s loading.

@omtl @ana
Idk who to tag

If you want to recreate it:
Go to a project
Open it, and while it’s opening tap it several more times as it says unpacking code
The slide over effect that plays when opening a project should play several times
And now any changes you make won’t be saved if you press the home button, unless you only press the project thumbnail once when you opened the project

Device and hopscotch specs

iPhone X running IOS 13.3.1

14 Likes

Well, I can’t edit my topic either anymore but I forgot to mention that I’m running the latest version of hopscotch

9 Likes

cool

8 Likes

So if you tap the loading animation while the app is loading your draft, your changes won’t save when you exit the draft?

6 Likes

Apparently so, because apparently even though it saves it still moves back to the previous version of the project and what it looked like when you first opened it. I don’t think this happens if it’s on the last project instance before it actually closes, like a normal project would.

5 Likes

That’s not good.

Thank goodness I am still on 3.37.2 on my main.

I believe it only saves the latest closure. I wonder, if you close the first instance, then force quit the app, does it save?

6 Likes

Hmm, a good question.
I’ll try that out when I return.

3 Likes

If you don’t update a project to the latest player version, do you know if it will it still happen?

2 Likes

Most likely not, as I haven’t noticed it happening before.

2 Likes

*Before this update I mean
Lol no editing

2 Likes

Probably. This is the app we’re talking about, player only affects the project when it’s being played

4 Likes

Why can’t you edit?

5 Likes

Editing was taken away

5 Likes

Oh, this doesn’t sound good at all. I hope this can be resolved as soon as possible as it, obviously but unfortunately, can lead to code loss :frowning:

3 Likes

So if I edit a project without tapping on the loading screen, will my code still save?

3 Likes

Are you sure it doesn’t just save it every time you leave the project, and just doesn’t update opened code so you keep undoing your changes by saving the un-updated code? Try closing the app then reopening the project to see if it saves the correct project.

4 Likes

Yep, as long as you only tap the thumbnail once, it should be fine and behave like a normal project.
Alternatively, when you are done you can hit the home button once, and when it go’s back to the previous instance just force quit the app, and it will still save.

2 Likes

Yep, correct it does save the un-updated code, I learned this after experimenting for a few minutes

4 Likes