Set Size in Texts and Images

Why I think we need this
Because I’m tired of Creating a text or image and having to be precise about the size.
So I have 2 Suggestions, there could be a Normal Size Variable that you can set. It’ll be a Variable that is preset to 100 and is always there like Horizontal and Vertical Velocity.

How it’ll look
Basically the usual Set text or Image block except with another bubble that says set size.
But we could still the Size blocks (Shrink, Grow and Set Size). You could just but the preset object variable, “Size Value” in the size bubble. If you want a different size you could do this:
When Game Starts
Set (Object (Self)) Size Value to (what you want (preset value: 100))
Set text to: (Size Variable Suggesting) colour (black) size (preset: 100 (or, Size Value (Variable)))

• I like this idea
  • I don’t

0 voters

@AECreators

7 Likes

You can do this with set Width and Height

3 Likes

It’s different. You can’t have Set Width and Height in the text block

3 Likes

Woah, why is the text so huge?

3 Likes

But you really don’t need it there. It’s not too hard to simply do it.

2 Likes

I think you can.

Just put a set width/height block in the code of a text object. (I think this is what you’re saying…)

2 Likes

(Shrugs) I forgot to do “(/big)

2 Likes

while this is interesting, I don’t see why you can’t use the extra block of code (set text then set size)—it shouldn’t really affect the project too much

4 Likes

You can use set size and set width and height on a text block.

4 Likes

What I mean is I want it to be in the block

3 Likes

I mean in a block, so they’re combined

3 Likes

Pure? Or CLPD?

2 Likes

Ohh

So like set text to [text example] size [100]

4 Likes

Yeah. That’s what I mean

3 Likes

why don’t you want to use 2 blocks?

3 Likes

You’re***

Sorry lol

3 Likes

I just like the smaller code. Less time

4 Likes

I can see issues with this, as you could accidentally create conflicting code, such as having a set size and having the text consistently setting to a variable, like I do often, so I think this would cause more harm than good.

9 Likes

That’s a good point. But is there a way to make it less harmful?

3 Likes

Just use your finger and shrink it

2 Likes