Set pose instead of change pose

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

A block where you can use a “set pose”, instead of change pose.

I’d use it for this type of project:

Actually for every project

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

If the pose of an object is in the “moving” pose, without someone pressing the screen, it looks kinda weird, but if we use a “set pose” block that could be changed.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

My handwriting is pretty bad, so if you can’t read it, it says:
Set pose to “moving”

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

This block is different, but it actually is the same.

13 Likes

hey!

i LOVE this idea and it would make a lot of things easier to look at - coding game shows/newscasts/movies/etc.

this subject has been brought up before in this topic, so just a little reminder to SBYP - Search Before You Post - but that was a mega topic, not a focused one like this, so i think this can stay (but don’t take my word for it i might be wrong)

anyways i 100% agree that having a set pose would be better than change pose. it gives you more control over exactly how characters are moving and allows for better graphics.

12 Likes

Thanks!
And yes, I never saw that topic.

10 Likes

no problem! this is why we have a community - to help each other out! :blush:

11 Likes

and in the input, you can select “next pose” and “previous pose”

9 Likes

They could just replace it with “set pose” and make the default input “next pose” so there doesn’t need to be a whole new block just an extension of one

maybe that’s what your trying to say idk

6 Likes

yes, thats what im saying - basically just like how the new change scene works with “next scene” and “previous scene”

6 Likes

Yes, but some characters have more poses, like Jody…

Example:
When I go to a “shop” when being in the half-moving pose, “next pose” doesn’t work.

5 Likes

“entered input” modulo “number of poses”

6 Likes