Self Planting, and Why You Shouldn’t Self Plant

Self Planting, and Why You Shouldn’t Self Plant.

Some of you may take this differently, and that its okay to have opinions - if you do have any do not be afraid to reply with them. :)) And I’ll do my best to answer your questions

As you know there is a thing called plant on Hopscotch and it is a wonderful way to show appreciation to a project. But plants can also be used in another way, a way that is not the best way to is them. That can also be called self planting, self planting is used to plant your own project, when it is used to plant others and not yourself - it can be used to create jealousy and is not fair to others - Yes, I’ve heard before that THT gets money when a plant is given, which then they can use to make updates for the app. But the app is already great! And They can still get money when a plant is given the way its suppose to be - making people happy! The happiness you feel once you get a plant is one of the best feelings the world, trust me - when I got my first plant I was in joy! But if you plant yourself you won’t feel the real joy of receiving one. Its really like Christmas once you recieve an amazing gift your excited and in joy but if you already know what it is you don’t feel the real joy - it will feel better to give to others than yourself. I always save up my seeds and then give plants to people who have 0 plants, when I do I feel great! So, THT will appreciate it more if you give a plant truthfully and not to your self.

I’m sure a lot of you may disagree and thats okay - I would love if I heard your opinions on this so we can find a way to solve it together. :slight_smile:

@omtl

25 Likes

Idea from me
First post again!

5 Likes

I made this mistake once. Lucky, it was only 15 plants, but I still swore to not do it again.

5 Likes

Well from a lot of people, so I decided to make a topic about it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t worry - we all make mistakes, then we learn from them. :wink:

5 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

Lol :joy:

4 Likes

Money.

6 Likes

I see, I saw your replies to removing plants altogether - as I said before its better to spam plants somebody else’s projects then yourself.

4 Likes

Yeah but it makes them feel good ig, and it doesn’t hurt anyone.

Money

5 Likes

Well it could be used as competitive thing, which wouldn’t be the best for the app.

3 Likes

Then remove the leaderboard

They still get money and y’all aren’t mad…

5 Likes

Removing the leader board wouldn’t make the problem any better - if you give a person one plant they wouldn’t make it on the leader board. And really once you give yourself a plant its unfair to other people.

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

truthfully, i would rather plant someone else instead of myself

3 Likes

where is my plant

Yes

4 Likes

yes… i forgot to plant you
i will go plant you right now

4 Likes

Stop I’m joking

4 Likes