Self Color Suggestion

Hey y’all! I was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool if there was a “Self Color” option? Say you were setting an object to a different text. Instead of selecting the color, you could put in “Self Color”. This would just maintain the original color.

Is this a good idea?

12 Likes

I’m confused. How would this work? You mean setting the color of that object to be the color of a different object?

4 Likes

It would maintain its original color, instead of changing it. Or you could set it to the color of a different object.

2 Likes

It could be the hsb string of the object’s color, so for example hsb(0,0,0) for black.

4 Likes

I can’t deny it, that could make things a bit easier.

3 Likes

Petty, I’m sorry, but you confuse me.

4 Likes

You can put a string as the value of a color parameter and it will be that color if it hsb(h,s,b) but replace the h s and b in the parentheses with the actual h s and b values. It will have a very similar effect to the hsb block.

The variable could give that value

5 Likes

:open_mouth: I understand now.

3 Likes

Yea, but then it would be hsb, color would assume it’s 1-26 or something like the other colors

4 Likes

Are you sure? I haven’t actually tested it but I’d assume that it would use the hsb string as if you directly put it int the value area.

5 Likes

Why not rgb? Just a thought also it would like have to specify which type of color it’s referring to since we do have 1-26, hsb, and rgb.

4 Likes

Since hsb strings are already used.

Try it, change the type of a color parameter to set text or something and put in hsb(0,1,4) which should be a very dark red.

5 Likes

SPE meant as an orange bubble

I would really like to see that.

5 Likes

Good idea!

2 Likes

good idea!

2 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

yes this is quite clever… but it is easier just to put the same color for new coders who dont really know how to work experienced code.

2 Likes

Bumpity bump bump bump bump.

4 Likes

Currently sensed color idea great idea too

3 Likes

Thanks! I think that this would be cool.

2 Likes