Seeds for non-subscribers

I think non-subscribers should get seeds for free too. Because some hopscotchers aren’t allowed to spend money online. That shouldn’t mean that they can’t show appreciation of an awesome project!

Instead of the subscriber rate of 1 seed/day, maybe it could be 5 seeds/month for non-subscribers…

This way, non-subscribers could give mushrooms too!

Also, I think the beta editor should be able to be purchased too (maybe for 30 seeds?)…

• I agree
  • No/maybe

0 voters

7 Likes

Hm, you have a very valid point in saying some users aren’t allowed to spend money online. For instance, I have no way of buying things in HS unless I were to get an iTunes gift card.
However, if you started giving non-subscribers seeds and the beta editor, then fewer people would purchase the subscriptions, and the Hopscotch Team would lose money. I think things are okay the way they are since you can still do plenty without the subscription and since mushrooms really are not essential.

13 Likes

I understand that, although to get 30 seeds would take 6 months… which would probably make some people actually end up buying seeds…

3 Likes

Maybe the beta editor could cost 80 seeds?

3 Likes

For how long? A month?

2 Likes

What do u mean?

2 Likes

To my knowledge, the beta editor is only for as long as you have the sub.

It’s not permanent.

5 Likes

If your parents won’t allow you to make in-app purchases, then I doubt they would make an exception just so you could get a feature quicker.
Maybe an option could created where you can use the beta editor in one project for 50 seeds (similar to custom images for non-subscribers).

4 Likes

That could work! Good idea!

3 Likes

Yes, I love this idea. But wouldn’t people be able to abu.se this by duplicating the project with the beta?

3 Likes

Maybe there could be no “duplicate” button for beta projects by non-subscribers?

2 Likes

I’m not sure. That’s possible. But I don’t think it will allow me to remix projects with custom images; maybe it could function similar to that. Although, I know editors are kinda tricky (for instance, if you try to remix an older project, you don’t have access to “broadcast message”)

2 Likes

Yeah… although

3 Likes

I think that could be worked around. But then again, I don’t know how hard it would be.

4 Likes

I was reading the code of hs before… it wouldn’t be that hard

3 Likes

5 seeds a month sounds like a plan—but I’m not so sure about the beta editor part. It would cause THT to lose money. If the beta editor part was implemented, I’d say it’d only be temporary. Maybe having the beta editor for a week would work. I can’t find any loopholes there.

5 Likes

It’s is definitely on their radar – they just finished a round of testing with one group and are looking and considering what would be the most beneficial for Hopscotch

8 Likes

why would tht give out seeds?

7 Likes

Possibly

5 Likes

it’s possible right now

6 Likes