Seeds features: what should come next?

Hey Hopscotchers! :wave:

Thanks to all those who have shared their feedback on the rollout of seeds. :seedling:

Custom art projects came first because many users expressed interest in these through surveys and feedback interviews. Now, we want your help deciding what comes next!

Here are the top remaining features we’ve heard Hopscotchers express interest in. Vote on your favorite, and/or share your comments below!

@omtl @pomtl

• Give badges or stickers to other kids’ projects to show your appreciation, like a piece of pizza or a unicorn
  • Get music from Hopscotch
  • Get additional characters from Hopscotch
  • Save high scores and other data
  • Something else (please comment below!)

0 voters

19 Likes

I really like the sticker idea!! What exactly do you mean though by “get music”?

10 Likes

I am not sure, that all such good ideas

7 Likes

Make this a multi choice poll is my auggestion

6 Likes

Cool cool. Music would be where we create some pre-recorded songs that could be added to projects :musical_note:

12 Likes

I concur!! That’d be very helpful

5 Likes

That sounds very neat!! I wasn’t sure if it meant more music notes or something. Thanks for the clarification :+1:

5 Likes

So the sticker one is basically reddit awards/discor.d reaction thingys but it costs money

2 Likes

I think you should be able to earn seeds without payong

4 Likes

What about the fixing the search bar?

3 Likes

yes, sacrifice your money to see other people’s magnificent work

3 Likes

Great!! :+1: But I want the poll to be multiple choice :confused:

5 Likes

Hehe saame

3 Likes

Maybe getting in the main featured page earns you some seeds?

5 Likes

But that doesn’t happen to many people…

3 Likes

I really like the sticker idea!

I would vote for that and the music option in the poll (only could vote for one).

This would be amazing! It could add a special addition to a game or pixel art, for very little effort. Another cool idea would be a tutorial on how to code music, which you could buy with seeds.

4 Likes

Thats why you get a lot of seeds

1 Like

I really enjoy coding music myself! as a prospective music major, it’s fun to explore what I can do even with two octaves of marimba sounds :blush: and projects with music backgrounds are always more fun to play, but something about the whole project being homemade makes us super proud as kids and as innovators.

having pre-recorded background tracks could deter users from experimenting as I have, since music is already a daunting category of code - similar to how images can be an easy way to avoid making our own shape or trail sprites. but at the same time, for those who don’t want to spend too much time making an elaborate track, it could be a nice way to spice up a game.

9 Likes

Nice idea! :))

4 Likes

The badges idea is super cool, and I also like the saving data options.

@Elizabeth
If you have the subscription, what would that mean for giving badges? Would us subscribers be able to give badges regardless of our seed count because we are subscribed?

Thanks!

6 Likes