Seed request doesn’t work after requesting 0 seeds

Your username: Dog Icing

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 7th gen

1 sentence description of the problem I set request seeds to 0 and back to not zero number, and then it didn’t request

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Request seeds (0) (product)
  2. Play
  3. Request seeds (any number greater than 0 but less than 200) (same product)
  4. Won’t request
    ….

I expected this to happen: Request as normal

But instead this happened: It didn’t

Here’s a sweet screen recording: https://files.catbox.moe/0s422k.MP4

Requesting 0 seeds for a product makes that product unable to request again.

6 Likes

I’m taking first

5 Likes

It’s not a bug

3 Likes

it’s not a bug

2 Likes

it’s not a bug

2 Likes

Hey @DogIcing! As Innerpanda & Nth3r pointed out, this is intentional. If you’d like you read more, you can check the topic in the link Nth3r posted!

@Leaders clivecate?

3 Likes

As others have already said, requesting zero seeds just unlocks the product with no payment required.

Unless you have other questions, I’ll be closing this topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not a bug. When a product is purchased at any value, including 0, then the product is saved to your device, and won’t request the same purchase again. The only way to reset the purchase is to clear all variables until the drafts options (Rename, Duplicate, Update to Latest Player (visible only if draft is outdated), Clear Variables (clears all user variables and products in the draft)). Updating the project with a different UUID (by saving to profile and publishing as normal) will also reset all variables, so you’ll have to be careful.

3 Likes

Whoops, I meant under the draft options.

2 Likes

@Awesome_E @NTh3R @Crosbyman64 @Willowmoon @GOATGAMES

I get this is not a bug but when you request 0 seeds and go back into the editor and change it back to say 5 seeds it wont request.

Just watch the screen recording man

When you request 0 seeds, the product is automatically unlocked without prompting for a purchase. Just clear all variables on your draft, then request 5 seeds.

Or better yet, set a variable to product (not sure it this will work). It should say 0 for not purchased, and 1 for purchased. The prompt will also paused everything in the project.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s because the product was unlocked. Product purchases persist through plays

1 Like

Ok. Then close this.

1 Like