Seed Gift cards for hopscotch

The title says it all but, As you may know, Roblox has gift cards for their currency called “Robux”. Hopscotch has seeds and I think you might know where im going this, I think there should be physical gift cards for seeds, that anyone can buy in stores, look at summary’s below for information.
Sorry if my sentences don’t make sense grammatically or financially, I’m a newbie :p.

Pros
  1. This may be helpful for the kids who don’t have credit cards, and have an allowance, which they can use to buy seeds with using gift cards
  2. Rollout and selling of the cards can more wide spread by convincing large and small stores with advertisements directly related to hopscotch.
  3. The eco-friendly production methods can be costly but in the end it will be worth saving the environment just a little.
Cons
  1. The production and the roll out of the gift cards may cost a lot.
  2. Some stores near the person may not have them, forcing them to travel farther to a store that does have them.
  3. Unless the production methods of the cards is eco-friendly the production of the cards would take a toll on the environment

So what do you think?

What do you think?
  • Yes, we need this!
  • No, this is unnecessary.
  • Maybe, this can use some changes.
  • No strong opinion / accidentally voted

0 voters

Tags

@The_Admin_Coders

7 Likes

Interesting idea! So u could buy them at ur local store, and redeem them in-game?

2 Likes

Good idea! This might be hard to put out but otherwise nice thinking

3 Likes

I think this would be really cool!

As of right now, the closest you can get would be buying an iTunes gift card and then making the purchase. However, Apple gets like 30% of that, so the ability to buy straight from HS would be awesome.

I think it would be better as a digital gift card (kinda like the web sale) instead of printed gift cards though, but that’s just because of price.

10 Likes

Ooh what if in the app it could be like “Happy Birthday! Here is your seeds from the gift card!” and confetti would rain down or smth

4 Likes

Yes like that

1 Like

From a logical standpoint, yes, but it would need to come directly out of Hopscotch, because if you use a 3rd party source, they’ll be tax cuts and other money related things

5 Likes

I know planting already exists, but being able to send seeds to other Hopscotchers directly through the app, maybe as a commission fee, would be a really nice feature to add. I dunno about the physical gift cards, since it’s probably a lot more complicated than it seems, but an in-app thing for that would be really cool, at the very least!

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure seed devs can already do that…but I’m not one so who knows

3 Likes

Seed Devs Can

3 Likes

Great Idea!

2 Likes

As a seed dev, I don’t see an option to gift someone seeds directly. I can plant a project a bunch of times, or donate a bunch of seeds at once to someone with a donation button or something, but if they don’t have a dono button then there’s not really an easy way to pay someone directly. :thinking:

(Planting is pretty repetitive.)

6 Likes

Ask another seed dev. I have heard that @/Goatgames can do it, maybe ask him

3 Likes

I believe you can insert the request seeds block into another user’s project. I’ve never tried it before, but I think that’s how it works

5 Likes

Petrichor told me he did it before by adding the “request seed” block into one of my projects

6 Likes

you go into another users project (has to be on a more recent player version tho) and then you insert the request seeds block and ask yourself for however many seeds you wanna gift

7 Likes

Oh cool! Of course, non-seed devs can’t do this, though. It’d be really nice if Hopscotch accounts could have descriptions, like on Scratch or this forum, and include the option to donate to the user if they have it enabled on their account. :+1:

10 Likes

Cool idea – Hopscotch would just have to make sure not to break the App Store Guidelines, since allowing out-of-app purchases or letting people know of other ways to purchase products would lead to removal from the app store.

4 Likes

Think of it like ROblox and robux stated in the op

1 Like

Hey @Yuanyuan sorry for that tag, I just want to ask for your opinion on this.

1 Like