Search Bar Has Broken

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

BabyButterfly​:butterfly::butterfly::

What kind of device are you using?:
An iPad
1 sentence description of the problem (I was searching ____for the art category _____, and then the Screen only showed Featured, Trending, Newest, and How-To happened):

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Press the search button
  2. Look at the different category’s
    ….

I expected this to happen:
To see categories such as Games and Art
But instead this happened:
Only see Featured, Trending, Newest and How-to as options.
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Yeah that happens sometimes.

I think it might have something to do with your internet connection?

If you close completely out of the app and reopen it, it should work.

Weird. This has never happened to me before, and it sounds like one of these bugs that rarely occur and are hard to replicate.

Huh really?

It’s happened to me a bunch of times.
It’s not very hrd to replicate – you just have to be in hs and then have your wifi off or something and then go to the search bar and that should show up.

Try it I guess, see if it happens to you too

Sorry, you are absolutely right. If you open the app without any internet connection, I get the same result as you. But if I open it with an internet connection, I still see the categories when disconnecting from the internet. But sorry for not thinking that this was easy to replicate!

Yea.

Don’t be sorry, it’s chill.

That happens sometimes to me too, usually when I re-connect to my Internet. Try reloading hopscotch.

@Dylan329 still making legendary pixel art

Thank you guys for the helpful comments. Fortunately it works for me now. I cannot show my gratitude through the iPad, but I can through emojis. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

This is how HS used to be in terms of tabs, and it happens when you don’t have internet. When you reconnect, it doesn’t fix itself until you relaunch the app

This is usually a problem with your internet connection or proxy server. Try configuring your network settings and then restarting Hopscotch to see if that works.

Woah that’s my project XD

Next one will be 937832728x better. Just wait

That’s so cool. It is an honor for you to visit this.

@awesomeonion @Ana
My issue is similar (hence why it isn’t a separate topic), but my search bar (projects section only) says that there is no connection. Are you guys re-coding something?