Scavenger Hunt - Can’t Publish or Load

I’m using a 6th generation iPad with iPadOS 13.4. This issue has been happening since January.

So this project I’m making, I made it for one of my parents birthdays. But as I was finishing it, I encountered a version of the white screen bug - except the screen goes black.

It’s been sitting on the shelf for a couple of months now, and I can’t even publish it. I did manage to get a screenshot of the UUID, though.

Please help with this, it’s my best project ever and my parent has never been able to play it.

@omtl @CodeHelp @Ana

9 Likes

This is indeed very weird. I think you should email THT so they can take a look at the project.

3 Likes

I’m sorry about that, I truly hope it gets fixed soon.
The best thing to do is probably email THT, like William said, or just wait for a reply from Ana.

2 Likes

I did a while back - Ana said this was also weird and had no fix.

She did suggest making a topic though.

1 Like

Oooof, this is strange indeed

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

2 Likes

@Ana is correct; from testing the UUID on my play page, something is majorly breaking the web player.

1 Like

To be more specific, the whole page freezes and I need to use Chrome’s task manager to close the tab.

2 Likes

Could you try to identify the problem?

1 Like

@Shadow_Spider

I have no idea on what it could possibly even be.

I am trying to see if there is anything weird with the code first.

It’s a Z Index problem. I think it is because you set a Z Index to -9, and that really messes with something. Let me just confirm that is the exact issue real quick

s.HSStageScene.dirtySort is causing the issue (I fixed by removing this) – I have no idea what it does but that caused something to go majorly wrong without throwing an error. (@AwesomeOnion)

In other words: Set Z Index -9 was not the problem.

1 Like

I figured I could also make a new version of the project using your preset thingy in your shortcut, but it got stuck and I couldn’t do it.

I could also retype every block of code into a new project, but I just don’t have the time and it’s inefficient.

1 Like

It’s not that; it’s something with the player. I’ll forward this to AwesomeOnion if there’s no reply to this thread by tomorrow.

1 Like

Okay.

This is something I’ve never come across before. Ana said it might be a problem with collisions but they were just fixed.

1 Like

Nope, it’s the third Z Index block that runs.

Let me find exactly where that is real quick.

2 Likes

My tracer says that one of these two blocks are causing the issue.

Maybe it is the clone with size% 5000. See if doing any of these fixes it, and if any of them do, let me know which one:

1. Reducing the clone’s size from 5000% and changing it to width 1124 height 868
  2. Adding one wait frame before the original object’s Set Z Index
  3. Removing the clone’s Set Z Index
  4. Removing the original’s Set Z Index
3 Likes

*Correction: my tracer says it is the clone setting Z Index to 100. Check that first but still try all of those if #1 does not work.

for the curious

2 Likes

You can fix it by making all set z index blocks to a range of 0–20, it worked for me when i did that

3 Likes

With @Shadow_Spider’s project?

Interesting. I never had the issue but I will try running that with that project.

Nope, that did not fix the issue.

1 Like

never mind,

This is the issue @Shadow_Spider, change it to 150 or something like that

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. That.

I am much better at using Z Index now, I never really go over 100. I’ll check it. Thanks for all the help!

Also, where did you get that tracer?

1 Like

I made it; it’s on my GitHub play page for player versions 1.2.x and 1.4.x.

Only thing is I tested which block froze it by manually throwing an error on the block that froze it, then I traced that to the object / rule.

Did changing that fix it @Shadow_Spider?

1 Like