Saving variables between different projects

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: being able to save variables between different projects

I’d use it for this type of project: a game with parts, or a game which uses the open project block for different levels, and you want a level to open once you finished a level or if you want to keep your score.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: games with parts or stories, so you don’t have to select what you did from the episode before

Here is an example design I’ve made:

You can double click and it will show you how many drafts it’s shared with

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this: not sure, but this would be very useful for a game I’ve been thinking of

• Cool
  • Nah
  • I’m a unicorn

0 voters

9 Likes

Do you mean a global variable?

Though your edits are good (better than mine)

5 Likes

I don’t think this idea would be shared between different users. It would be like a user variable but transfers between projects, not users.

10 Likes

Not really,

This one is where you could share the values to other projects, so like if someone was making a game with levels and each level is a whole project (oof hard work) then you could save a variable where it sends the variable to the original page with all the levels and the level page would show your personal high score

Oof that’s a lot of writing!

6 Likes

Yeah like that.

7 Likes

Yes!
I remember wanting this feature before, but I never thought to make a topic.

4 Likes

Am I allowed to tag Yuanyuan?

2 Likes

@Yuanyuan can you take a look at this?

3 Likes