Saving updates in hopscotch

• We need this
  • Nope not necessary
  • Accidentally voted

0 voters

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

You are able to save updates to your games that you are updating.

I’d use it for this type of project:

Any

Example

If I were wanting to update a game without keep publishing different projects I would use the update project button. What I don’t like is that you can’t save your update so if the update was a major one I would have to do it In one sitting.

28 Likes

Great idea!
I second this!

5 Likes

This is basically updates from drafts, which would be really really really helpful

10 Likes

Thanks. It’s like I want to make major updates to my games but I can’t save the update I’m working on.

5 Likes

I third this.

You could make some changes and have a variable to temporarily disable the new features until you feel they are fully finished and ready…

6 Likes

I 4th this

This should have came from the start

6 Likes

Yeah but still you don’t get the benefit of having draft files and backups and all of that. Any change you make permanently changes the project.

5 Likes

Yeah. I myself save my own project to my profile and add the new features there, then I publish that and unpublish the old version. It’s my little workaround…

3 Likes

I agree at all costs.

4 Likes

Then the uuid changes, which defeats the purpose of updating, but that certainly does work

5 Likes

This would make my life a whole lot easier. I 5th this. You get a thumbs up. (This took me a long time to make)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████▀░░░░▀▀██████░░░

5 Likes

Love The Idea @YuanYuan can you ask The rest of THT about it because it’s THT’s decision

3 Likes

I sixth this.

2 Likes

Wow I got more back up that expected.

3 Likes

I Slothy this (Slothy loves the idea and wants it)

2 Likes

Yes! I think this would be extremely useful. It would be nice if you could choose to save the update you’re working on as a project in your drafts. Then you can publish the update whenever you’re ready and not have to try to do it all in one sitting.

6 Likes

at the top of the op?

4 Likes

I think they mean at the bottom of the topic post

2 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes