Save Hopscotch Today!

Take Action

Hopscotch, a remarkable platform for children to learn coding, has undoubtedly made a significant impact on young minds. However, to truly empower and inspire the next generation of coders, it is essential for Hopscotch to remove its pay-to-enter policy. By eliminating barriers to entry, Hopscotch will create an inclusive environment where every child, regardless of their financial background, can access and explore the wonders of coding. Let us advocate for a fair and equal opportunity, encouraging creativity and fostering a love for programming in all aspiring young minds. Together, we can unlock the immense potential within every child and pave the way towards a brighter, more equitable future in the world of technology. I have been here for many years, and this is truly unacceptable.

Change is possible. Join me in saving hopscotch.

Change Hopscotch
Sign the anonymous petition today!

• I agree
0 voters

Any and all things that go against the hopscotch terms of service will be reported
@omtl @Potato.exe

22 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic

This shows your irl name…

Right?

10 Likes

@Henry yk a poll is good enough - you cannot link websites like that one

i strongly agree with your cause but please :sob:

13 Likes

Ok. I changed it to a poll lol
Sorry if I caused you to have a heart attack

9 Likes

@0x7F

13 Likes

Just so you know this method has been reported to work and make money for THT and feedback about has been said many many times — which basically means that they won’t change it

Honestly the main thing about hs I want to change is all of the bugs which they arent working on right now ://

Not saying that I don’t agree with you — honestly I don’t know but I really don’t think it will change

11 Likes

Probably should have brought this up when the paywall was introduced but oh well

9 Likes

i just want more octaves :sob:

11 Likes

Fr
and maybe JUST ONE MORE INSTRUMENT

9 Likes

yeah like a piano

i’m so tired of using that weird marimba thing

10 Likes

so what is the paywall?

Isn’t it for new accounts? Cause I don’t really know what it is

6 Likes

When you first join you have to buy the subscription to post anything.
You can use your drafts, you just can’t post anything at all.
So technically, they CAN code, but they can’t properly interact with the community and get tips.

4 Likes

they changed it so that you can’t even make a draft for newer accounts

7 Likes

Won’t this affect hopscotch?

6 Likes

of course it will, but you shouldn’t take away features that were free before and lock them behind a paywall on such an old app, even if accounts created before can still use them for free

9 Likes

I understand, but you have to think about school. A school can’t enter a credit card for each kid that is in a STEM class. There are many alternative forms of income that I have seen explored from multiple companies. One of which is offering a specific license for schools that have specific feature tailored for that environment, while have personal users be able to use it for free and still offering the ability to pay for more features.

Now step into someone else’s shoes about this whole thing. Imagine that Hopscotch just removes your ability to post projects unless you pay. How would you feel? Many users on the forum dont understand what that may be like, (myself included since I still have an old account). Also think about how this affects collabs. No longer can you make collab accounts.

8 Likes

Schools have some special thing set up with hs so I don’t know if they have to pay or not

I would feel bad about it becuase I don’t agree with the system lol /lh

8 Likes

True. Why old you have to pay to create games and have fun. That doesn’t make any sense

6 Likes

Ok I’ll call a nulligen on my part. There used to be a “Hopscotch Premium Educator Pack” that can be bought with the request. But it is really buried deep here is the only mention of it that I can find.

Maybe hopscotch could look into pushing it harder. Similar to how Github operates.

7 Likes