"Save" Block (For Values)

I’d like to see a Save block on Hopscotch. It’s a block for the Valuables section.

Basically, it’ll save what the value is currently, and if you play the project again, the value will stay like it is before.

I’d also like a clear value block. Basically, it will clear the value’s data (not turning it back to 0), and if you play the project again, the value will not be like what it was before.

(too lazy to make another image)

19 Likes

Wow, this is a clever implementation of save game in Hopscotch!

7 Likes

Interesting
So basically like global variables

I like it

7 Likes

I like this idea

5 Likes

I feel like maybe instead of a save block, we could have save variables that auto save.

4 Likes

Can’t we just have

repeat forever
wait (a few seconds or what)
save value

5 Likes

Actually, that inspires me something…

a Save All block. Just like the original save block, but it saves all variables.

7 Likes

Nice idea! I like it.

7 Likes

Nice idea @Dakoan!!

7 Likes

It’s a really good idea, I’d love to see it.
The detour around this limitation at the moment is by implementing a substitute system in your code that functions like this:
When you enter a project, you have the ability to enter a code/start from ge beginning. This code will then trigger specific values that can determine where you are up to in a project, what scores you have, ect.

6 Likes

interesting.

3 Likes

Clever idea!

3 Likes

(this topic is actually an excuse to show off my editing skills)

5 Likes

(^ν^)great idea…

3 Likes

Smart dakoan, that doesn’t sound bad

4 Likes

this is what ive been wanting for almost a year now
that also is some good editing

*Variables section

7 Likes

Right. Very good correction

7 Likes

Interesting take on persistent variables.

I think why THT hasn’t approached this yet is because of server space considerations.

BUT: Think of how convenient it would be if data was saved locally. This could be done with either app or web browser (not 100% sure on private mode but something’s gotta work)

@Elizabeth any thoughts on the idea of saving play progress?

7 Likes

All those extra variables could be hard on the servers, yeah
but i can still hope

3 Likes

Oh my god hi awesome e! I :heart: Ur projects!

6 Likes